robertlamm robertlamm 70+ 10 Answers Jul 7, 2011

The sound is too loud so they cry out like a human would if he were feeling that much pain.

Best Answer

It probably hurts their ears and howling probably helps outsound the siren.

Best Answer

I have a pitt bull,an live in busy congested area of town.It's not unusual to hear sirenes at least 5,6 times a day.Bellah my dog doesn't howl at police sirens just ambulance sirens.So i wonder if it a sense of sadness because the police sirens ar just as loud....

Best Answer

Actually my dog doesn't howls all the times the ambulance siren are on. I sense a feeling of sadness in the area when the dog howls. One day an electricity worker had an accident on my street and the dog howl when the ambulance sirens were on. The electrician suffer severe burns and die a few days latter.

Best Answer

it's been something that goes on a long time agao,all dogs make noise no matter what country you are in or from..dogs see spirits,an dogs knows when somebody dies..i lost someone i wont mention who i lost,but seens the dog owner died i try to give it food but it just wont eat for a week..dogs howl at sirens beacuse thye know someone is in danger.

Best Answer

I always assumed that dogs thought that ambulance sirens were the sound of a a very, very big dog howling....so they wanted to join in to add their support.

Best Answer

Because of the sensitive nerve endings.........that is why you should never, even in play, pull on thier ears.

Best Answer

Now you would think with all our technolagy we could make a sirens that did`nt **** off wildlife.

You should see what happens when a siren is heard in a forrest!

Takes 2 hours for things to calm down again.

And its not as if the wildlife really need to know!

Best Answer

I actually read something about this, it's something about that dogs hear noises on other levels then humans, and sirens and sometimes music sounds to them like the mourning howls of a wolf. In a wolf pack, if a wolf is injured or dead other wolves howl to alert other wolves about the danger. Or something like that, I dunno, but it's related to something instinctual.

Best Answer