Gettingittogether Gettingittogether 41-45 15 Answers Feb 2, 2013 in Community

been pickin' the wrong men, darlin'...sounds like they need a mommy....

Best Answer

Some men probably still see themselves as the provider, if their job brings in more money, and the job of the woman as just a hobby or something.<br />
Its an old fashioned notion, and not one of the ones i wish had hung on.

Best Answer

Yes they did some research and found that women still did most of the housework and child care when both partners worked as well. Know I did and happily not with him now : )

Best Answer

He's helping you, he's not doing everything. Nice play on words though, I've lived with one of you for 8 years.<br />
Learned a lot.

Best Answer

well im unemployed and my partner is unemployed too. he still only helps with the housework under duress and wont pick up or clean up after himself. his attitude means i get stressed everytime the mess piles up which is about 3times a week.<br />
He has no problem washing his van tho.<br />
I dont think its a man thing, i think its either that household chores are much too boring or menial for them or because they see their mothers doing most of the work when they are young, they assume its not natural for them as they are male.

Best Answer

I agree , when we got married we both agreed on all that we are doing today , and we planned our family and he was at the time pushing for children especially , but it was after I lost 50lbs , so now we have all we planned ( cause i wanted children too ) except his help and its overwhelming , somehow I became responsible for it all and he gets to do what he wants and under duress he does something's but its getting old . I feel he was not being truly honest when we were making the plans . His mom does do all the housework and his father works . But we discussed all this and he agreed we didn't want a marriage like that but , it just isn't what he had me to believe in the first place.

Best Answer

You are absolutely right , I agree .

Best Answer

You are on a different page regarding your 'roles' in the relationship. Perhaps you are not truly compatible.

Best Answer

Those types of men are self-center, selfish @ssholes that don't deserve to have wives and families.

Best Answer

they are just jerks

Best Answer

I got a vasectomy when I was 26 so I could avoid questions like this. If there's kids, they ain't mine.

Best Answer

Wow

Best Answer

I don't.

Best Answer

I know right

Best Answer

They don't always. There are women who slack on the housework because of their job, too. And who mows the lawn,and takes care of the outside stuff?

Best Answer