koyptakh koyptakh 51-55, M 10 Answers Jun 25, 2009

Because we talk a lot about love but practise it very little.

Best Answer

There's not much else there to give names to. Well Nanook, lets see, look to the north- vast white expanse. Look to the south- vast white expanse, look to the west-.....You get the idea.

Best Answer

We have thousands of words: compassion, amity, intimacy, honey, darling, favorite, liking, wanting, adoring.... But what is the the use of words without action!

Best Answer

It's what's important to you. They describe different kinds of snow. The Japanese have many words describing different kinds of rain. The Greek have several words for different kinds of love. We are the ones that suffer from confusion. If someone told me they loved me and said the same thing about their car I'd never talk to them again.

Best Answer

There are many words for desire, like craving, craze, eagerness, fancy, fascination, fervor, frenzy, greed, hankering, hunger...Seems to show the need to feel fulfilled is strong. Then love is supposed to be some absolute. Probably the word people try to define the most, even questioning its relevance. And isn't love speechless by nature?

Best Answer

That's very simple and it seems to me as if it were a rhetorical question. Eskimos have so many words for snow because they live in it. Their environment consists of mainly snow and a few other things. Unfortunately, the same with love does not apply or the rest of humanity.. yet. We are still a very primitive race and still see love as being a weakness. Just as most people see other races of Human as being a weakness.. all throughout history, the Jews, Africans. It just holds true to a different subject, that being love. In time we will all see love as a whole, hopefully within this lifetime. Until then just live by love!

Best Answer

Eskimos have a need to discribe snow in so many words because of survival reasons. Love for us humans don't need words just action. For example I just have to look into the eyes of my wife and she would know instantly that I want to make love to her. To further enhance the act of love I would incorporate the other senses such as touch and smell. Think about it?

Best Answer

We may not have many words for love, but we do have a lot of words for penis.

Best Answer

Because to them snow is different and is discribed differantly, depending on what kind and how it is sitting.

For love many languages have many words for love it is only in English and American were we get lazy and define the most complicated things into one or few words, while taking a simple object of no real note and giving it more difinations than they deserve, sex organs being amoung them.

Best Answer