warriorcat36 warriorcat36 16-17, F 17 Answers Jul 17, 2013 in Movies & TV

The Joker & Scarecrow in The Dark Knight, Loki in The Avengers, Jigsaw in the Saw Frandchise, Lex Luthor in Superman, Chigurh in No Country for Old Men.<br />
Just off the top of my head some villains that didn't die...

Best Answer

I LOVE Loki!

Best Answer

Lex Luthor shall never die!

Best Answer

Key word: "Franchise".

Best Answer

Right? The fact remains not all villains die.

Best Answer

In kids movies, they don't always die, karma just ends up catching up with them. Jason, Michael Myers and Freddy kept coming back!

Best Answer

Oh, and back in the day, I think it was required sort of. I saw a documentary (wish I could remember the name) about horror movies and how it was sort of required, back in the day, that they defeat the monster.

Best Answer

Because the villain is the incarnation of the central conflict of the story. When the conflict is resolved, the villain doesn't have a purpose any more; killing him off just gets rid of any awkward questions like "what happens when he gets out of prison" or "what if his redemption is short-lived and he falls back into his evil ways".<br />
That said, there are plenty of stories where the villain doesn't die. Sometimes they even win.

Best Answer

they don't really die they just go somewhere else

Best Answer

some do

Best Answer

But they don't?

Best Answer

So They Should Bang !

Best Answer

they don't always die, Shawshank Redemption the prison warden got caught.

Best Answer

this is an example of a conspiracy theory. those urban legends of people saying the media controls the masses. the media portrays it as so, so it becomes collective belief.

Best Answer

No Country for Old Men . . . The villain lives and triumphs.

Best Answer

cause society doesnt like villains, but i do :)

Best Answer

freddy n jason dont. they keep coming back :)

Best Answer

They don't.

Best Answer