Because if they advertised as "Fill in a fcking long form and sell your CC number and soul" sites nobody would go on them

Best Answer

They want to see how stupid you are.<br />
As our illustrious ex president once said, "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — [pauses] — shame on you. Fool me — [pauses] — You can't get fooled again."<br />
I think he subscribes to all of them.

Best Answer

Guess I demonstrated MY stupidity. Bastards better not charge since I proceeded no further than the "free registration".

Best Answer

If you gave them a credit card number, you can bet they will charge on it. Many of those sites are criminal, but rely on multiple jurisdictions, bureaucracy, complacency, intimidation, and legal threats to take and keep your money. If they do charge, call your credit card company and tell them the charge is not authorize. And NEVER use a debit card on the web. With a credit card, the bank takes the hit if it is a fraud. With a debit card, your money is gone and have no real recourse.

Best Answer

Free always means you will pay.

Best Answer

I always remember the movie scene at a western bar advertising "Free Lunch - $5".

Best Answer

It's a sales angle! I agree, it's boarding on infringing on the truth in advertising laws!<br />
When I see that, I just back away!

Best Answer

Technically they said you could REGISTER for no charge, just pay per use even with a non-premium membership that costs even more. I'll complain to my card if a charge appears.

Best Answer