you get suckered in to believing the cost of the funeral reflects how much you loved them, too me this body is just a husk, the govt. can take it away for free as my spirit will be in heaven.

Best Answer

My sentiments exactly!

Best Answer

I dunno but with the grave already purchased and going the "cheapest" route possible it still cost me almost $7000 to bury my husband it was a devastating expense to go with the devastating event

Best Answer

Its one of the many GOVERNMENT MONOPOLIES that are set up to rob the people. Only STATE LICENSED undertakers and STATE LICENSED cemeteries are allowed. The monopolies have to pay off corrupt politicians. Anyone who tries to compete is hauled off to their hellhole prison.

Best Answer

Because the last show is always expensive, and they want to go out having people remember that they existed, for a short time. Yes, the expensive is ridiculous, and a waste of money. If you can't show respect when a person is alive, why bother.

Best Answer

If you're dead there is no last show,the expense is not worth people's view of showing respect , it's all in the heart ..I mean seriously ,

Best Answer

Fundamentalist Christianity in particular seems to thrive the more capitalistic and classist the society. Status symbols like expensive weddings, cars, funerals, etc. are important to them.

Best Answer

Make sure they get all your money on the way out:-)

Best Answer

why worry, we dont have to spend when we will be slipping in the coffin

Best Answer

I believe a casket is like 1000% markup .. start there ... I know years ago my dad and I were approached by a very vocal lady in regards to this subject. She wanted my dad and myself to start making caskets to sell privately to customers undercutting the local funeral home. We did look into it but really had no shop big enough to accomadate such a request but it was an interesting proposition.

Best Answer

So as you can get fleeced one last time.

Best Answer

Christians? I don't get why you are singling those out.

Best Answer

Christians or
Other religions who pay through the nose in comparison to Muslims .

Best Answer

Well, there are atheists that have funerals too. I get your point, but I hate to see people single out a faith. It just makes it a heyday for people to start badmouthing it.

Best Answer

Atheist are as ignorant as the next guy they obviously follow the status quo when it comes down to it!

Best Answer