It seems like they all start out well intended, but end up becoming Nazi's or get abused. For example, welfare is abused by people who dont want to work, that people who truly are in need are not getting the money, which makes our hard earned money go to bums. Ive heard some pretty disturbing stories about Child and Adult protective services abusing their power.
ratburn ratburn 18-21 10 Answers Mar 25, 2012

Right, like the private sector is a more obvious model of prudent management and high ethical standards. <br />
There are good and bad people in the public and the private sector. Calling anybody a Nazi or immediately talking about abuse is a symptom of the hyped up, hysterical culture we live in. We've all heard stories about all kinds of things, but when did anecdotal evidence take precedence over thoughtful research and statistical accumulation?

Best Answer

Actually it is up until the point it interacts with government. Hence Singapore is called the least corrupt place on earth: Government doesn't listen to business.

Best Answer

Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Pride, Sloth, Lust & Envy

Best Answer

People work in their own self-interests and the interest of those running the government services is more money and more power.

Best Answer

There needs to be better way to run those systems. Though I was on welfare for a few months after uni and I can't imagine ANYONE wanting to live like that. Honestly, I couldn't even have lived on it for even 2 and half months (with a part-time job on the side) without my family helping.<br />
I recently heard a rumor that a guy got children taken off his partner though an aunt who runs child protective services. I have to believe these people are doing what they think is the right thing, but the system needs better watchdogs.

Best Answer

Because these services have to go through so much bureaucratic red tape, the people who can hash all that nonsense out become the people who can corrupt the system. There are a lot of people who are good, but those who are bad are very, very bad due to their breaking our trust. From what I have read, there are probably only about 10% of the people on such things as welfare who abuse it.

Best Answer

Absolute dictatorships are even worse than those systems that are less so. However, the system is made up of individuals and individuals are frequently the products of society. Therefore, a corrupt society produces corrupt individuals. Therefore, the system is corrupt as well.

Best Answer