I met this guy on match.com and only talked through the phone for about a week, week in a half. The conversation was good the whole time. He admired my personality, he talked about meeting up and going out. Then he set plans for me to meet up with him and get a drink, and basically stood me up without a text or anything. That was the last time I heard from him. He completely stopped texting me. So, I dont understand? Everything was good, he pushed for us to meet for the first time and then doesnt even text me after to say he couldnt make it. So, I dont understand what went wrong or what I did wrong? The sad part is we had a lot in common and I was really interested. Help.....
BEBEJ44 BEBEJ44 26-30, F 25 Answers Nov 13, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

The chase is sometimes more appealing than the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...sad, but true.

Best Answer

hahahaha!

Best Answer

Could be moving too fast for them, or they could be scared, inexperienced, or intimidated <br />
Flirting and getting to know someone is one thing but taking it to the next level is something else entirely, and I used to cut ties when it starting getting close when I was younger. For me, I thought I wasn't good enough and I doubted myself as I had tons of confidence issues. I'm much better these days, and I've had several girlfriends but that could be the case.

Best Answer

I think some guys, particularly young ones, tend to play the "game". They flirt and charm , but they aren't looking for a real relationship. Having a woman respond positively feeds their egos. They use lots of lines and flattery and that sort of thing. Occasionally they pick up someone. But it often isn't serious. <br />
I think some guys are playing the game, and some have a serious case of relationship ADD.

Best Answer

How often do you bathe?

Best Answer

You are a buzz-kill?

Best Answer

cold feet, sometimes

Best Answer

There are a few possible reasons for this:<br />
a. Guilt - they guy is already involved and has reached his threshold of flirtation and anything beyond will amount to cheating<br />
b. Fear - if you go all Carly Rae Jepsen on him the first evening - but seriously, we men are conditioned to understand that women tend to work slower than us, and if someone breaks that stereotype in such a manner that it is too fast for our liking, time to hit the road.<br />
c. Lack of interest - as said in a Deep Purple song a few years ago, "it is not the kill, it is the thrill of the chase".

Best Answer

He was probably faking, he's not worth it, best thing to do is move on and find another guy.

Best Answer

Idk some times u get to know someone then decide u dont rly want to date them. Or maybe they just arnt that into u and ditch out. I think this happens to everyone

Best Answer

A lot of men have a list of "Red Flag" attributes of women we aren't interested in. We start talking to a woman, and find out she's "one of those." We are no longer interested in her. <br />
Common "Red Flags" feminism, victim, cats, lesbianism, single mother, divorce with kids, men bashing, etc.

Best Answer

They weren't really interested to start with.

Best Answer

He's not interested,just keep it moving,men are like "Buses" they come and go!

Best Answer

Maybe they thought you werent interested.

Best Answer

And i was interested. I told him that twice

Best Answer

Then he wasnt!

Best Answer

because you aren't keeping us interested... you can't blame the guy for that.

Best Answer

only if i think she has a issue i wont be able to handle

Best Answer

They could have lost interest. They could have just acted like they were interested in the first place and saw that it wasn't going anywhere so they moved on. They could still be interested but busy. It all depends on the guy.

Best Answer

Yea, i guess your rite. He was pretty busy. But to not even have the guts to text me and say, Im not interested or to say that he really didnt want to meet up, gets to me

Best Answer

I get the feeling that he meet already be involved with someone and that is why you were stood up. I could be totally wrong, but that is what my gut feeling is telling me.

Best Answer

ok but, here's the thing. Its was both our first time on match.com and the day after we were supposed to meet up he closed his profile and cancelled it, but like 2 days ago i was browsing and saw that he opened back up again.
So idk, if he was so busy that he felt overwhelmed, or i just really burnt him off somehow??? Idk, its just bothers me that after the conversation we had, seemed to be going well and he just stops talking to me with no reason or anything. How do I not feel like its my fault?

Best Answer

you probably sneezed without covering your face thats enough for me to stop talking to people

Best Answer

They have to act interested to discover whether they are interested.

Best Answer