I was at the gym 2 months ago and a guy there kept looking at me. He complimented me on my eyes. I went to this gym 3 times a week every week. The next time I saw him he asked for my number and told me I was really pretty. I gave him my number because he wasn't bad looking and seemed nice. I was not looking for a relationship though. I do not know this guy never talked to him except at the gym He knows nothing about me except my name and how i look. We talked that night and he already asked me to go out.. I told him i was not ready to start dating again because I recently broke up. He respected that and told me he would wait for me because i was worth it..he doesnt kno me.. a couple weeks later he texted me again and told me I should have a bf for my birthday hinting himself. I said the same thing and he backed off. today he texted me again asking if i was still single. I told him yes but that I didnt want a relationship. Why does he keep insisting its not like he already knows me.
mandypandi mandypandi 18-21, F 11 Answers Apr 29, 2013 in Crushes & Obsessions

Being an attractive woman at a gym, what's your feeling on a guy approaching you there? My friends tell me women don't like to have guys hit on them at the gym

Best Answer

EXACTLY! Like i dont even know him and he wants to committ already. Like we havent even had a conversation.. I wouldnt mind just talking to him as a friend but no he wants gf and thats it.

Best Answer

Hes 18 like me. except hes still in high school junior year because he was in a house fire so he started school late..

Best Answer

I'm okay with it....but just the way he handled it was weird. Plus you have to make sure shes not in an awkward position

Best Answer

EP replaced my answer...I guess I can't pose more than one to a question...
I'll have to keep that in mind if I see a woman I would like to get to know better at the gym

Best Answer

lol okayy

Best Answer

He doesn't know you, but he would like a chance to start. You don't know him either, but it seems the pain of your breakup and confusion about it going back and forth for a while is keeping you unwilling to move on with anyone. <br />
I would assume that accepting a date with this guy doesn't mean that you are accepting a marriage proposal from him. But, in your own mind, does accepting a date from someone mean that you are closing the door on the relationship you've just come out of? <br />
He's interested in you. The gym is probably not the best place to get to know someone. I'm assuming you go to work out, not to get into conversations. The only chance the guy has is to invite you out to get to talk with you. It doesn't seem malicious or wrong. <br />
Maybe you should tell him that you feel pretty emotionally messed up from your last relationship and you don't want to become involved at all with anyone for the next several months. It seems he would be understanding and wait for several months to pass before asking again.

Best Answer

No the whole "i just got out of a relationship thing" was just an excuse to not be mean. I am ready to date. But not him. Hes not my type. I wouldnt mind just going out with him...thing is i dont want to lead him on. Because its not just that he asks to go out... he actually asks to be my bf. Its weird because we've never talked. I know nothing about him and he knows nothing about me. It wouldnt be as weird if we were friends or had been talking on the phone or texting for a couple weeks and hes learned things about me that he likes. but he hasnt.. so it doesnt make sense.

Best Answer

Well, I would say in that case that you should tell him, "Thank you so much for inviting me out, but I honestly don't feel interested in a relationship with you. That may not be what you want to hear, but it's how I feel. I'm sorry."

Best Answer

perfect lol

Best Answer

Single guys want to find a pretty girl, they have big egos and believe they can get what they want, the good news is u can always set him up with a good looking girl if u really don't want him I don't believe he is an obsessive stalker, he might be lonelly and want someone pretty to love him, but seriously if it keeps happening u need to be more assirtive refuse to give your number to stranges just say thank you fo the compliment then walk away, or if they are persistant avoid eye contact, sometimes you just have to be outright rude if they dont get the message LEAVE ME ALONE

Best Answer

hahah yeahh its hard to be rude to him though because hes very respectful and nice about it lol and I dont have any girls friends that r single. lol I hang mostly with guys. i dont think he is a stalker either. i just dont get y he is so into me.

Best Answer

Some guys cannot take no for an answer

Best Answer

i guess not. like he respects it when i tell him no and says ok i understand and then we never texts and then randomly like a month later he texts me again trying to see if ill say yes this time. I dont get it. He doesnt even know how i am...there are otehr pretty girls out there. and hes a good looking buff guy...i know other girls must be on him its not like he cant get other girls

Best Answer

i understand and thats a good way to put it. But if he cant have me, and has been rejected 3 times by me why would he keep admiring my beauty when he could admire other beauty that might actually want him?

Best Answer

huh?

Best Answer

Mandy, you are really pretty and good hearted. You are soft spoken too. You always try to be good with others and that gives an impression to people that you are easy to have. So when he saw you and talked to you, and you gave him your phone number right away (agreed your goody goody nature, can't help). He must have thought there is something going on in you for him. He may have backed off from for various reasons (under the cloud of some circumstances and reasons). And then when those clouds were gone his heart aches to make it up for that (may be his selfish nature or your strong first site attraction - i really felt that when i first saw you in EP.

Best Answer

oh thanks. But no he backed off because I rejected him. I rejected him 3 times telling him i dont want a boyfriend. He has asked me 3 times already

Best Answer

Hehe men will always be man..

Best Answer

can I have your phone number?....lol

Best Answer

No...i dont give out my number online. I gave him mine because I actually saw him and know hes not a creepy old pedo lol

Best Answer

lol......good answer indeed

Best Answer

The guy sees something in you and is trying.The same as how it happens for everyone else.Surely you have been through this before that it should not seem strange to you.

Best Answer

No, I've had guys hit on me and of course try and make me their gf...but when they KNOW me..so i understand like yeah he thinks im pretty plus we get along he likes my qualities not a lot of girls r like me etc...but this guy know nothing about me...so its weird. How can he see something in me when we never even talk?

Best Answer

Because some people base who they want to get to know by looks first.You probably have the type of looks he likes.

Best Answer

yeahh but there are other girls who have the type of look he likes to. why go through rejection 3 times? lol instead of just go after another girl

Best Answer

Maybe he is a glutton for punishment but besides that even when two people look very similar we always have a sense about one over the other.

Best Answer

I guess so. lol so weird tho.

Best Answer

well that is his style.

Best Answer