Hipsters are defined by irony-- nothing is sincere, nothing is true, nothing is worthy of true reverence. If you ask them why they hate or mock something, that requires a sincere response, and hipsters simply don't speak the language of sincerity. As a defense against admitting this, they scoff at others for "not getting it".<br />
It's summed up by that scene in the Simpsons where one teenager scoffingly says of a band, "oh yeah. They're real cool." His friend asks him, "Are you being serious or sarcastic?" After a beat, the first teenager hangs his head and answers "I don't even know anymore."

Best Answer

If I met my husband to be, I would have to warn him about my cousins and their loser hipster ways. And the way they live their lives...living in sin all the time, spreading their legs all the time...having sex with their boyfriend, get pregnant and aborting it like it's nothing! There are women who want children and they give them up like it's nothing! They say they swear off anything "popculture" or listen to "underground" music. But in reality, they act so trendy and pompous it's ridiculous!

Best Answer

The ultimate irony of the hipster is that they spend so very, very much time and energy trying to seem as if they haven't spent any time or energy at all. They despise convention while becoming willful slaves of their own, invented convention. Hipsters are their own punchline.

Best Answer

1. They think it's funny.<br />
2. they think it's lame, hence funny.<br />
3. They truly believe "If you don't get the reference my t-shirt is making I'm better than you".<br />
4. They pretend to enjoy Pabst Blue Ribbon....No one likes PBR, it's just cheap. If they just wanted to drink cheap they'd drink like me, Olde English, King Cobra, and Steel Reserve.

Best Answer

I don't care for beer. There was a time when I would try to fit in with my cousin and their hipster friends, but it just never worked. I hate scrawny dudes. I like a man with meat on his bones. And some of their music tastes are ok...but a bit closed minded to variety.

Best Answer

See, I'm a hip chick, not a hipster. I know what's up what's down and when to dial back the kitsch. Lastly, I don't choose my clothes while drunk.

Best Answer

Hipsters gonna hip.

Best Answer

Because they're generally tiresome and can't get attention any other way.

Best Answer

They are only "hip" in their own mins

Best Answer

They just follow the fashion trend and what they think is 'cool'.

Best Answer

Hipster culture has been around longer than hippies it seems...

Best Answer

Its And Illusion of their own thinking!!!

Best Answer