Inadequate. Animals have the same sense of innocence and openness as children and preying on those weaker than ourselves is reprehensible, vile and cowardly.

Best Answer

Agree with every single word.

Best Answer

Thank you for posting such an excellent question

Best Answer

You are most welcome, my friend. It's heartening that others feel as I do about this.

Best Answer

I totally agree...animals are so innocent..my blood boils whenever I hear of this abuse..actually get sick to my stomach. Animals are living creatures put her by our maker..why are we better than them ..we're worse..and I do believe they have feelings and feel pain as w ell..It is just disgusting what goes on in this world re animals.

Best Answer

Absolutely inadequate............... The penalty should be worse for abuse of any being that has no chance of a real defense against a human set on maiming or killing a being so incaple of fighting off a deranged mind

Best Answer

Yes, agreed, the laws are hopelessy inadequate. As you say, they stand no chance of a real defence and it breaks my heart that anyone can do this.

Best Answer

Persons abuse animals for the same reasons they prey upon children and the elderly...they want to feel powerful over a being who is for the most part defenseless. These people do not deserve fines and fees, they deserve hard jail time and eye for an eye justice. I believe that the penalities for the mistreatment/killing of animals is so completely ineffective and laughable that it does nothing to deter this type of behavior. It seems that animal abuse/neglect is more and more prevalent but all you ever here is how the abuser faces possible fines...how about mandatory jail time? For the first offense! How about never being allowed around animals again? How about if you starve your dog to death...we starve you? I realize that last bit is unrealistic...but it certainly would make some of these worthless idiots think before they hurt another innocent creature!

Best Answer

You are quite right, it is a pathetic show of 'power' over the defenceless, and I'm pleased that we all seem to agree that mandatory jail time is needed.

Best Answer

I think we should start making examples out of these pieces of garbage that abuse animals...if the penalties are horrible enough, maybe people would think twice about doing it..same applies to people who abuse other people

Best Answer

Yes..I think any person that does this should get a lengthy prison sentence and if it were up to me, I would do the same thing to the person as they did to the animal...I cannot stand the thought of any animal in pain..they are God's creatures and maybe we should learn from them...they are loyal, loving, forgiving, everything that us humans are not....I think God put them here for us to learn from them but we are too stupid and think we are so superior over everything..animals don't go to jail, smoke, drink, rape, rob, you name it..all they want is kindness and love...isn't that what Jesus wants for us

Best Answer

People who hurt and really enjoy the maiming and torturing animals have the potential to become sciopaths. They do not feel and cannot comprehend that any other thing has feelings. It is a sad, sick world in which we live.

Best Answer

Agreed, Callalilly.

Best Answer

No, they're extreme if anything. Humans are superior to other animals. It's bad to abuse other animals, but abusing humans is much worse. Some animal rights fanatics want to abuse humans who disgree with them.

Best Answer

I think they should be forbidden to own or go near animals,<br />
be made to pay for the vet bills and any legal costs,<br />
required to do hard labour for the same period of the animal's suffering,<br />
and wear a monitor ankle bracelet for life.

Best Answer

I agree and would want them to experience the same suffering that they inflicted on the animals...I believe that all LIVING creatures feel pain, human or animal and anyone that can do these things is a MONSTER

Best Answer

Because humans have always tried to forget about animal suffering, basically we adapt rights to our own advantages. I think we owe them respect, but as they rarely can fight back, we use them depending on our wishes only.

Best Answer

You are right that humans adat rights basically for their own but I fully believe every creature on earth has an equal right to a life free from cruelty.

Best Answer

I would be the happiest person alive to know that every creature on this earth is free from pain and fear and that they could live free from cruelty too...there are a lot of good people out there that can't stand this cruelty ..I think about a poor animal being abused, unable to get away, suffering every day and wondering what pain is coming next for them..it is the most horrible thing on earth

Best Answer

Yes I think the penalties for animal abuse and human abuse are pathetically inadequate. It's a Mad World

Best Answer

It is indeed a mad, sad world, Nychick4

Best Answer

We need to put them away.

Best Answer

Anyone who abuses animals deserves, a substantial jail sentence, yes.

Best Answer

Look who is talking, first stop raising and eating them for food.

Best Answer

Yes penalties for animal abuse are pathetically low.Animals are sentient creatures just like us,they have feelings and emotions,sadly a lot of people are brought up with the erroneous notion that animals are dumb and don't feel pain like humans.I blame the bible for this attitude of looking down on animals as inferior being,it says somewhere in that book of lies that "man will have dominion over the animals" and a lot of human have interpreted it as" animals are ours to do and treat as we please and we can exploit them as much as we want" Religion teaches that animals have no souls,another enormous lie.Religion has always had a great influence on people and most of the time for the worse,so animals do not appear so important in the eyes of the law.

Best Answer

Sikhism is one religion where animals are seen as sentient beings, borne of the belief tat humans have passed through other life forms.

Best Answer

I would say,they are on the right track.

Best Answer

because they are sick people, really sick and they should be responded to in kind, humans think their better than animals, then they set upon each other like crazed wild dogs, go figure.

Best Answer