jlj5298 jlj5298 41-45, F 8 Answers Dec 18, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

It's never too late. But take a look at the men you have been with? What attracted you to them? My guess is a certain confidence.

But the lesson to learn is the difference between confidence and controlling. There's plenty of us out here who are confident enough to NOT hold you back, but support you to soar.

I'd suggest that you let men know early in your relationship that this is important to you. Controlling men will move on. They mostly want easy targets. Confident men will become even more attracted, because you had the confidence to say "this is what I want."

Good luck. It sucks to have a long run of controlling people in your life. My prayers are with you.

Best Answer

Thank you you gave great advice I think you are right

Best Answer

Good luck going forward. I had to restart my life, relationally at 50. It sucked. But I made better choices the second time, and this second chapter I am in is wonderful. I hope the same for you.

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer

be more selective about the guys you hang out with; get to know them as friends before assuming they would make good lovers.

Best Answer

Low self-esteem maybe?

Best Answer

So many people say that could be the reason but I don't feel like that is my problem

Best Answer

Why else would you go for guys who put you down?

Best Answer

They don't in the beginning

Best Answer

Then perhaps you should slow down the process of dating so that you have more knowledge about a guy before dating him.

Best Answer

You could be right good advice thanks

Best Answer

Sorry to hear this. Seems you have been unlucky and met the wrong kind of men.

Best Answer

Then stop trying.

Best Answer

I might just do that

Best Answer

you're a bit too old to get nice men

Best Answer

Why do you say that? Do you think it is because they are all the throw aways from other woman?

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

You could be spot on

Best Answer