loveless46 loveless46 18-21, F 12 Answers May 5, 2012

I bet because your a deep thinker and find it hard to be just silly and entertaining when everyone around you just wants to feel good and laugh at silliness.

Best Answer

I always find that my charm is calculated inverse to the amount of talking I do......

Best Answer

That. Is. A. Gift. and funny too. Welcome to the club!<br />
Like.

Best Answer

I bet you are not boring at all... just not talking to the people who are interested in what you have to say! I come alive when I am talking to people who understand me and want to spend time with me - we all do. A decent conversation can be about the food you are eating, about the smells you are smelling, and about the most simplistic things... none of us are Einstein and nor do we need to be!

Best Answer

Same here :)

Best Answer

I think JoanieBNH is right about being a deep thinker. I have this tendency to get lost in my own thoughts when talking with others and say something that should have been said 4 minutes ago, and if everyone is drunk, most would remember exactly what was said 4 minutes ago: their track of conversation+my track of thought=awkwardness and confusion. <br />
Or perhaps your sense of humor and intelligence are uncommon and most people don't know how to engage people like that. I would know. I had to adjust to other people, but if you're perceptive, you can manipulate the conversation to go in the direction you want. But that does take time, keen observation and practice. <br />
But to know for certain we'd have to have a conversation.

Best Answer

don't think too much..Feel like you have nothing to loose even if you screwd up. I mean don't be afraid to say anything that comes to your mind.

Best Answer

I'm sure you and your conversations are not boring. The people you are talking to may not be interested in what you are saying because they are boring.

Best Answer

I'm not good at small-talk either. Early on I learned that if you can get the other person talking about themselves, you don't have to bother with chit-chat. Try showing an interest in their hobbies, job etc.

Best Answer

That's a great hob-nob trick used by many but it would be good to get yourself involved in the conversations as well. Once you get them talking about themselves, use that information to figure out what topic you have in common and talk about that. I don't believe in the 'should be seen and not heard' concept. I have met many refreshingly intellectual women who hardly spoke at first because of the pretense that there would only be small talk. I can't tell you how nice it is to stumble upon an interesting woman through a random conversation. Its like finding a jewel in a bowl of jelly beans.

Best Answer

I agree completely. I've had some engrossing conversations which were started by questions. However, most situations are not like that, and usually I'm looking for a graceful exit line.

Best Answer