I have recently moved and I am feeling compelled to organize and reorganize EVERYTHING. This is in addition to my being an over-analyzer and often times just a plain stressed out mess. Naturally there is a settling in period and it takes time to unpack things properly. My last home though I guess I got a feeling of things being 'in there place' and that hasn't happened here yet. I know that I am expecting too much too soon and I wish I could relax a little bit more and not be so compulsive about having all things in order at all times.
ponderplex ponderplex 36-40, F 13 Answers Dec 25, 2008

OCD was the first thing that jumped to my mind. Though if you didn't feel that way in your old house, maybe not. Maybe you're just getting used to your new home, and once everything is sorted the way you want, it'll stop.

Best Answer

Yes. Every time I become over stressed, I have an urge that stops everything and is overpowering until everything is perfect and tidy. It also helps me think. One this is done, then I can usually meet the deadline or complete what needs to be done.

Best Answer

Send some of whatever you have my way. I'm a pack rat and am totally disorganized. Better yet, come over and organize me.

Best Answer

You just want to be comfortable, and if doesn't feel right then you want to fix it til it's just right..I'm da same with clothes it's like trying on a different out fit until you know yup this is it.....

Best Answer

Because you have too much stuff. Discard some stuff and make life simple. It really works I promise

Best Answer

You maybe OCD, and the only way to deal with this is to accept it.

Best Answer

Have you considered OCD? That would cause you to reorganize over and over until it "feels right". Look into this possiblility.

Best Answer

obsessive-compulsive disorder?<br />
you might want to look into if you have it.

Best Answer

Take it room by room. Set up your bedroom so it feels cozy, put pix on walls, put knicknacks around that comfort you, get stuff where you want it, store away stuff not needed in bedroom and breathe. That's better, no?<br />
Then go on to next most important room (say bath or kitchen) and settle in the same way. As you do room by room and run out of storage, sort that stuff: keepable, needed later, excess.<br />
Excess stuff can be given away to someone who needs it more than you, garage sold or Ebayed and that will feel like an accomplishment.<br />
Each house needs to be made into a home bit by bit. I can tend toward OCD myself, so slow down and breathe, go room by room and it should help.

Best Answer

It's good to be organised. The last time I moved I tried to organise my stuff the same way it was at home, which didn't really fit the layout of my new place. I still haven't got it right yet.<br />
I guess you'll have it sorted out to your satisfaction eventually, unless you have OCD.

Best Answer

Maybe because, you want, what you want, when you want and where you want! :)

Best Answer