They're my best buddies but my parents don't seem to think of nerds/geeks as people. My mother told me geeks are stupid and I should stop talking to them.my mom also threw a fit because she found out i was talking with a nerd and she took my computer away from me so i couldn't talk to anymore of them.
HighwindIIV HighwindIIV 18-21, M 10 Answers Jan 12, 2013 in Hobbies

sounds like your mom is a .....

Best Answer

You should not feel embarrassed at all. Todays nerds and geeks end-up being tomorrows CEO'S. You never know when you may need a job!!

Best Answer

Nope. But at 18 I would wonder why you are in any position to allow your parents to dictate such conditions to you. Start working on being independent, then you can answer your own question.

Best Answer

You should commit matricide. Hang out with whoever you like, and don't be so shallow as to be embarrassed about it.

Best Answer

Your question says U have the problem, but your details say your PARENTS have the problem..... so.... WHICH IS IT?

Best Answer

The reason they are called geeks and nerds is BECAUSE they are smart. If your mom throws a fit, let her know that they are helping you to study in a subject you have trouble in. (Whether they really are or not)

Best Answer

What's wrong with talking with nerds?

Best Answer

wow...i think you should talk to anyone you want. my fiance is a computer geek and he is one of the smartest people i know yet he is also amazing at everything else. try to explain to your mom why they are your friends. to me honestly if your mom has a problem with you talking to someone because they are not "perfect" she is very confused. ask her, what if you were a "geek or nerd" would she then not love you?

Best Answer

no you are who you are ebrace it **** all the people that talk they just hatten cuz they aint got friends like yours

Best Answer