So, today was a rough day. Today i woke up, started cleaning...and saw that my friends didn't invite me to hang out with them. After that , everything went downhill. I started to cry, think negatively about myself and overall was extremely depressed. I guess i have this stigma between me and my "friends" i feel like nobody respects me, or likes me. I used to have best friend here, but no she hangs out with someone else and i cant seem to connect with her. Im starting to think something is wrong with me. Another friend was mad at me, for asking her to clean up her mess. I dont know. I seem overly sensitive to everything lately. I overthink what people think of me, and i feel like im just a worthless person. That i am crazy in a sense. I've always gone to cycles of what i think is depression...but i was never diagnosed. I guess what i am asking is how should i go about this. These feelings of worthlessness and agitation seem to come and go. Sometimes ill be fine, the next time...iono.
DarkCircles DarkCircles 18-21, F 12 Answers Dec 15, 2010

Please go to a doctor. You are so young and have so many years ahead of you. Don't waste them being depressed and miserable. Some of the anti-depressants are veryvery mild...they don't make you feel drugged or different...just not down for no reason. <br />
And if you can see a shrink...good. Even for just a short time. Worth their weight in gold. Depression is SO much better understood now. Medication and a bit of talk therapy can work wonders with almost all depression. You won't believe how much younger and better and normal you will feel. <br />
Don't wait too long. It hurts me to think of you going thru this depression when you don't have to. I did. Amazing how such a small thing can poison all of your life. Good luck. Message me if you have a question<br />
Shame? God no...Just remember that the first step is by far the hardest. If you are actually honest with the therapist you will immediately realize that it will help. Enjoy life...don't let shame stop you. Plese? It's not necessary.

Best Answer

thank you so much for caring....im just ashamed. Im scared not even the therapist will understand. I think im rational enough to understand that im being irrational, but i just cant stop thinking that way.

Best Answer

sounds like you're depressed. ive felt how you feel, several times, and am finally deciding to seek treatment

Best Answer

This happens to me all the time! People can be so thoughtless and heartless. I usually just snub them and stick with the people who really care. I am just glad I have dogs~they never turn away!

Best Answer

Yes, swings of good and bad, it can make you unsure, but those are typical symptoms of depression.<br />
I went to my family doctor not understanding what was happening to me. Told reception reason for appointment was to discuss an issue. To the doctor I simply said I was having problems with my social life and work. Just that basic statement and she pegged right away, referred me to social group or therapist. <br />
Can you mention it to a family member who could help you take steps? <br />
Get diagnosed... they see people like this all the time. It springs up out of nowhere, but it's very real. It's rare to overcome this on one's own.<br />
if you approach this problem fully armed you have a good chance of besting it.

Best Answer

I struggle with those same feelings. Through therapy I have learned that the feelings are not my reality. <br />
Also finding out where those feelings came from helps a lot to understand them and turn them around. It's hard work but you do get over them

Best Answer

It's who you think you are right now. At your age, a lot of things can be hormonal. Apart from that, go to see a therapist. You need not feel ashamed because as my therapist once told me, it takes a strong person to realise he or she has a problem too big for him/herself to handle and to go for help. Be strong and you might even find out more about who you are.<br />
Please seek help. It will make a world of difference.

Best Answer

im hatd, and a hater

Best Answer

I respect your feelings and I respect you. It's very courageous of you to come out and tell us about the problem. <br />
You feel the cold and lonely pains of depression. I know it well, friend. I've battled it twice and came out on top both times. I can never tell you why your friends behave the way they do. I can only share my opinions, and my opinion is that your friends don't seem very nice if they don't respect you and can't honor a simple favor.<br />
You are not crazy, just a little hurt. Depression can be treated by medicine or by hobbies. Go out and play golf, go bowling, see movies, meet new people... I promise you'll feel a ton better doing stuff you enjoy.<br />
And if it would make you feel better, you can talk with me if you need to. I don't like hearing about people suffering from depression.

Best Answer

thank you so much for offering your time. i really appreciate it. Its just really confusing. Im not even sure if its depression im battling, im just scared to see a therapist because im unsure. I think im more ashamed of how i feel. I think its the shame that really hurts me. The shame that i feel that nobody likes me, that something is wrong with me. I dont understand , its so overwhelming even talkinga bout it because i feel like i never have. I dont know its just comforting that someone can atleast understand. I dont want to feel like the bad guy anymore because of my perspective on life...

Best Answer

I know exactly what you feel like,not very good at all,I wish you my sincere wishes for a speedy recovery from your problems,take care.

Best Answer

thank you :)

Best Answer

It is all in your head, perhaps you are hyper-sensitive. I know your pain and I feel this. I am often rejected, trust me, you are not as lonely as you think you are. Your "friends" are ignorant people. I feel the same way, I know how it feels like. Trust me, you will find people who are understanding and like you for who you are. <br />
You are worth it, just don't care so much, and maybe people might come back to you. I might have depression as well, but trust me, things will get better, they are not your friends, find new ones and don't let this affect you completely. <br />
Things are not as dark or depressing as they seem, it is simply how you feel about it. <br />
Don't worry, you will find better friends, ones who will not leave you and not neglect you in any way. You are great, successful, and bright.

Best Answer