Well, I was an "emo" kid, and I Sorta still am. But I would get looks and things and just ignore them. An outcast doesn't have to please the ones around him/her. I don't have "emo" friends, I have friends from every type of friend. I don't always dress in black, and were band merch. I slap on a bit of pink or something bright. Not because I'm afraid, but to show that "hey, I like rock music and things, but I also like (....)" so I just get along with everyone. It depends on how you act. Plus "emo" is just a label. I think you should use "different" not "emo" :)

Best Answer

kids that want to hurt themselves,by cutting or worse, parents of kids like this will fear this as they don't want there kids hurt.

Best Answer

People just need something to look down on to feel better about themselves. Don't know EMO but its sad and hurts so many we need to just be the Human Race and live and let live:-) I

Best Answer

Because you're different to them, and they dont understand why, so they judge you. Tell them to do one if they can't accept who u are!!

Best Answer

Some people do, but most judge because they don't understand the lifestyle.

Best Answer

Because people are self centered people who don't really understand what us emos go through in our lives and what make us they way we are...

Best Answer

You're segregating yourself through a desc<x>ription of what pretty much every human being is. We all have had problems at home or in society. Many of us deal with it without dressing in a way that calls attention to ourselves. If you dress differently and act like you're in some way more deserving of pity because your life isn't perfect, you're going to be judged. That's how society works. And it's how you want it. Otherwise, you'd dress normally and talk to people and stop acting special. If I dressed to the nines everyday, nothing was ever out of place, and was chipper all the time, you'd judge me. It's human. Doesn't mean I'm not emo. <br />
You started the label and wanted to be set apart. Now that's it's happening you're whining. Can't have it both ways.

Best Answer

If someone dressed like a clown all the time, you might have some questions too.

Best Answer

I used to be emo.<br />
Or maybe I am but it's stupid to the "norms" lol because it looks like your spoilt and unapreciative. But it's not always like that and people shouldn't judge.

Best Answer

Forgive my ignorance what the **** is an emo?

Best Answer

That's pretty funny. Isn't that what emo is all about?

Best Answer

Absolutly not! The "emo" kids are EMOtional. As in depressed or going through a hard time. How must it be funny? To watch a poor "emo" teen cry out for help before falling to their death or drowning in their own tears? I don't understand and I am sorry for going off like that, it was very unladylike but I want to know why? Explain you opinion, please.

Best Answer

Gladly. I meant no offense, "funny" as in "peculiar." And your answer rather makes my point... part of holding an identity as emo bespeaks of a feeling of isolation. I don't define myself with the label, I'm of an elder generation but I have abnormally powerful emotions, so I could be described as emo as well. Look over my profile and read my stories and you'll see that I speak from the heart... a LOT lately, and it's been quite broken... twice recently. Being judged for it... sorry but it does come with wearing the label. It's sad really, in my opinion it takes a lot of courage to keep your feelings as the major part of your personality that they should be. And the people who judge those who allow their feelings to be seen are pitiful creatures, they are the ones who are truly isolated. Those that are emo should gather in groups and find strength in numbers... and mutual support.

Best Answer

You did not mean Emu?

Best Answer

accept not except

Best Answer