It's like everyone goes into shock it's not like i told them yea "Your gods fake and i hate you for being you" I just say yea i am agnostic sorry :) and boom! the room goes silent! D: why? what is it about agnostics that people don't like?
Autumnflowers Autumnflowers 18-21, F 11 Answers Jan 31 in Community

Well, SOME (not all, not even most, but some) agnostics that I've encountered are arrogant. Please don't take offense. Some people in every group are arrogant. But, as a Christian, I've encountered some hateful agnostics who are like "I'm smarter than you because I'm an agnostic." I get that you're probably not like that. But some people have had bad experiences.

Best Answer

They think we just can't make up our minds what we want to believe. That's their problem, not ours.

Best Answer

When people are polled as to what kind of person they would elect as President, an Atheist comes in dead last. They would vote for a female president, a Hispanic president, a gay president, a Mormon president, even a Muslim president before an Atheist. I don't understand why, there must be some innate feeling of hatred for someone who doesn't conform to religion, or some mistrust that a non-religious person can have morals. But in your case they probably just don't know what Agnostic means.

Best Answer

I know i did tell the guy i was agnostic and had to repeat the meaning they continue to say "i understand but __" and they take it like it means i believe in nothing.

Best Answer

Doubt is threatening to their way of life, I guess.

Best Answer

Agnostic is simply defined as being someone who doesnt know about the existance of god in which case people can fall into that catagorie regardless of wether or not they belive in a god... if you dont belive in a god but dont know for sure wether or not there is a god then you are an agnostic athiest.

Best Answer

No i am not agnostic Atheist i cannot fall into the category for reasons and i feel comfortable saying agnostic so that's where i feel i stand.

Best Answer

Unfortunately agnostocism and athiesm are not spectrum knowing something and beliveing something are not the same thing I understand your desire not to catagorize your self, but just saying agnostic doesnt actually mean much. By the way its defined you fall into catagorie as nostic theist, agnostic theist, agnostic athiest, or a nostic athiest.

Best Answer

I never believed in that part where they make agnostic into more.
of coarse agnostic doesn't mean much but that's not a big deal it's not like i want to to mean much lol :)

Best Answer

tell them myob-then walk away and don't look back

Best Answer

it will take a while to form constructive criticism to their nonsensical jargon so often better to not mention it.. they are CERTAIN we are going to hell

Best Answer

Some confuse agnostic as athiest. It just means you dont have a specific religion, basically. No big deal.

Best Answer

*atheist

Best Answer

You're in the wrong room. I say I'm an atheist and everyone around me says the same.

Best Answer

I don't know why because agnostic don't harbor animosity towards faith or god but rather are skeptical. They neither believe or disbelieve in God or think that is really unknowable

Best Answer

Honestly, no one really cares.

Best Answer

Around here they do

Best Answer

you mean on EP? don't pay attention to the zealots, LoL.

Best Answer

?

Best Answer

I'm not talking about ep??

Best Answer

Ugh.. then what (or where) is "here"? that are you referring to?

Best Answer