i remember when one of my ex boyfriends took me to this lovely dinner at a fancy restaurant....we had to dress up and everything and it was really expensive, but i was sad the whole time. and when my mom wanted to take me to a concert by an artist i really liked, i remember being so cruel to her and saying no. maybe it's an intimacy issue? am i the only one with this strange problem?
foldedunfolding foldedunfolding 31-35, F 7 Answers Jan 17, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

you sound like me and i think part of the problem is we think we dont deserve it

Best Answer

omg, im so glad {in a way} that im not the only one to feel this way! it must be something deep down because the fact that i dont deserve it never occurs to me in the moment

Best Answer

might be. I am the one always giving and I just dont feel right taking anything.

Best Answer

Thats something u will have to find out for yourself. Maybe you don't think you deserve nice treatment i would talk to a GOOD Psychologist for a few months,so you can get this problem on the bus as soon as possible.

Best Answer

i have been considering that, but i never am thinking that when i go out with them..i don't know..i just hate being the center of attention and feeling like i'm being forced to be happy or something..it's almost like i rebel against their expectations haha

Best Answer

Well, I can't say it's something I've ever experienced... but I hope you find someone that can show you some form of affection without you feeling this way.

Best Answer

thank you:)

Best Answer

It sounds like you feel unworthy. Is that it? And what could possibly make you feel that way?

Best Answer

i think that may be part of it..oh so many things have made me feel that way haha....{thank you for caring}

Best Answer

You're welcome! Now go and give your mom a big hug and explain to her what might have been going on beneath the surface. Think about the 'many things' that made you feel this way and address each one. It's not healthy and you'll only continue to hurt yourself and others with this mindset. You've got to love yourself before others can love you, Sweetheart.

Best Answer

aww thank you honey

Best Answer

Disappointment?

Best Answer

i'm not sure why i'm disappointed, but yes

Best Answer

I understand

Best Answer

thank you, that means a lot to me

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

why are you so bipolar with me lol..one minute you're kinda mean and the next you are totally sweet and lovable

Best Answer

Im always sweet and lovable. Don't take me so seriously all the time. Im a good friend when you need me.

Best Answer

lol then you are just joking when you are mean? ok, i will take that under advisement, thank you for explaining:)

Best Answer