I self harm too, cutting and hair pulling and punching. I sometimes become happy all of a sudden and then I would feel like **** and feel like dying without a reason This feels stupid but I don't think I can talk to family and friends about this, its 'socially unacceptable'
poopsicleforever poopsicleforever 18-21 9 Answers Feb 7, 2011

Ok, I'm going to take a different stab at this than just "run to the psych." First, one thing that can cause very sudden depressive episodes is blood sugar levels. If you're finding that you consistently get upset at a certain time of day or after a certain amount of time of not eating, then you need to evaluate your diet. Also, beyond that, you need to take vitamins which can help minimize depressive thoughts and moods. A good multivitamin as well as 1000IU of Vitamin D 3 a day is a great way to start treating depressive moods before ever getting to a doctor's office.<br />
In addition. You mention you're a cutter/self-punisher. One of the main reasons this happens is that you feel out of control of your environment and the only way to control things or feel real is to feel pain. This generally means that you need to work on finding other ways of expressing the frustration, anger, and need for control that is causing these issues. Depression makes them worse and starting to work on your health through taking vitamins and eating better can be a first step to actually controlling your life for the better.<br />
Lastly, do find SOMEONE to talk to. Taking psychiatric medicines can be helpful, but its not always necessary. Remember that you have to reach out to someone, anyone and take a risk to be able to ever get help. Always assuming that you have to be perfect is what causes so much emotional stress. Religious counselors, school counselors, pastors, support groups, and crisis hotlines all are places where you can express these kinds of feelings without going to a psychologist or psychiatrist. However, do consider it since it can be useful in many cases.

Best Answer

could be bi-polar

Best Answer

You could be bi-polar. I was like that a lot until my meds got adjusted. I was always thought of as "moody". See a therapist.

Best Answer

Firstly....talk to your family. dont worry about it being a taboo.<br />
(i hope) they love you. talk to them.<br />
If thats a no go...then its a trip to the docs....and be honest!<br />
You know you need help....so ask for it.

Best Answer

ask for help. It is the only sure thing that you need. Who from is your choice. I am depressed also however....all I can say is this. Do something for yourself and only...no matter what that is.

Best Answer

coz you are too far away from God and you do not care about him AT ALL...

Best Answer

god? lololol, no. denying the fact that there is not logic in 'god', specifically specific gods, will anger me and disappoint myself even more. so meh u suk

Best Answer

I agree with chipmunkErnie. Especially if you have no friends or family to talk to it is important to find someone that you feel you can talk to. These days there is a lot that can be done to help with depression, so I hope you do find someone you feel you can confide in.

Best Answer

That's pretty much the definition of clinical depression, talk to your doctor or a councilor

Best Answer