oosal23 oosal23 31-35 22 Answers Jul 14, 2009

I can only speak for myself and why I do it, it is because I have a hard time accepting the present. I am unhappy with the life I have today, so I keep going back (mentally) as if I by obsessing about some date in time can change the present. Its a fruitless exercise I persist in entertaining.

Best Answer

Probably because you have nothing better to occupy it!

Best Answer

Let yourself off the hook. It's totally normal! We are wired to remember. Why do your think we all can still hear our mother's voices in our heads?<br />
If an event from the past is keeping you from finding happiness today, don't be afraid to talk with a therapist. You can teach yourself ways to overcome the frightening memories and painful thoughts.

Best Answer

i think its human instinct, abit like hunting perfecting it so we get the kill everytime, we learn from our mistakes

Best Answer

Do not let past injuries effect your future dreams.<br />
It is easier said than done - BELIEVE ME - but I am sure it can be done. I think we should make it a new mantra! :-)

Best Answer

Because that is the job of the Mind!

Best Answer

Sometimes when I relive the past, it's because I messed something up and I just wonder why I couldn't do it right, and it bothers me, because it shows me clearly that I screwed up. I usually reconcile myself with it over 6 months later, but there are still moments when I think back on it and get caught up in the 'utter failure' feeling for a day or so. I think it's just a normal part of life. And I think I'd be worried if it didn't happen to some extent, because it would mean I'm not learning anything. <br />
Maybe it's part of becoming wiser.

Best Answer

Maybe you prefer it to the present. Maybe the last good memories you have may not be so recent.

Best Answer

You might consider learning about and practising "mindfulness". It is a very helpful and positive way to focus your thoughts on the present. Living in the past as you are doing is not helpful for you. It can lead to depression and it certainly makes your every day life harder.<br />
Consider counselling to help you deal with past issues and to move forward. Remember - you only have ONE life. Don't waste it.

Best Answer

i dont know the issues you keep reliving but, let it go you cannot change it. Learn from it , know it is what it is.

Best Answer

Because your mind is the only place the past exists. Try living in the moment, it's the only thing that's real.

Best Answer

I think we all tend to do this at times in our lives. No one acn honestly say that they don't have a few issues that they don't question wether they did the right thing.

Best Answer

You desired a different outcome if bad, or you had such a fabulous time you didn't want it it end if good. When my marriage hits a lousy moment, I remember how great the first month of being with my girlfriend (now wife) was and catch myself reliving it in my mind. When I endure lousy outcomes I relive the decision process and rue those who steered me wrong! You will need to elaborate on what you specifically mean to get better answers. Some see your question as mortal, some negative, some positive some glorious.

Best Answer

i think we all do it. it can actually be a positive thing if you're looking for ways to learn from past mistakes.

Best Answer

If you PTSD, it goes beyond just normal reliving. I think having a good support system and keeping yourself busy works. It always different for everybody

Best Answer

I think it's just human nature and it will keep happening until you find something else even more engaging to distract yourself. Maybe you are troubled by the fact you have issues from your past which remain unresolved? I think too much about the past as well, so if you get an ace answer to this question, please let me know!

Best Answer