As my love for life and my sobriety grows, this problem is coming into sharper focus. I suppose fear of rejection is the rote answer.
turtlesplash turtlesplash 41-45, M 10 Answers Dec 1, 2012 in Health

You are afraid of rejection further down the line. If you control the emotions then you're safe. If you let other people in, you can't control the situation anymore.

Best Answer

I love you too

Best Answer

You over-analyse everything turtle man,that comes through in almost all your questions and answers.Now that is,in many ways,a smart way to approach life - but does not always help when it comes to matters of the heart..

Best Answer

yeah

Best Answer

Letting people get close means you allow them to hurt you. So, it is a way of avoiding -more- pain.

Best Answer

I suspect this sharper awareness and focus has bought other factors to mind. it is however a guess

Best Answer

Well if you'd like to know, your not the only one with this problem. :)

Best Answer

no, i know this, and it's one of the things that gives me the strength to endure and evolve

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

It's safer that way. Don't let anyone get close and no one can rip your heart out ;-)

Best Answer

i'm laughing but i can't help feeling that might be a bad sign

Best Answer

May someone close to your hurt you before so you are protecting yourself from being hurt once again................ well wishes!

Best Answer

that's the funny thing - i am from a loving middle-class family with no trauma of the kind that any regular definition of the word would recognize

Best Answer

Maybe someone you loved was hurt in that way and you saw it........... maybe?

Best Answer

Another thought, you said your sobriety grows, do you feel you let some people down? Maybe you are afraid to let them down again so you keep them at arms length "just in case"..............I believe you will do well. You seem to be on track for it..............but it's a thought.

Best Answer

hmm... you might be getting closer

Best Answer

i hadn't read your third thought when i gave you my second response - you have vision

Best Answer

I know..............I think they crashed against each other in route to us. Mind you, I am just going with what you said and my thoughts....................... and thanks! *smile* I do wish you the best!

Best Answer