Well I've been doing it since last April and I'm 14. Whenever I imagine her as my mom it was before she had her plastic surgery when she was younger. It comforts me to do this, but it is so humiliating. I don't know if it is loneliness, or I'm looking for that perfect mother since my mom has MS. What do you think?
Anonymousperson89 Anonymousperson89 13-15, F 5 Answers Feb 3, 2013 in Health

Sometimes when our Mom's aren't extremely wonderful we have these fantasies. I remember, when I was around seven, telling all my little cousins that Marilyn Monroe was my mother. I don't even know where that came from...or why I said it...I don't remember. I do remember having a fantasy that someday my real mother would come and get me...and that she was good, and kind, and sweet. My brother used to talk about it all the time...the day our real mother would come for us...<br />
Anyway...I think it's okay to pretend, sweetheart. Whatever gets you through it.

Best Answer

Thanks for best answer....and I hope you get to visit Dollywood!

Best Answer

You find comfort in her persona... you are under stress. Love your mum and see to it she gets good daily care via adults.

Best Answer

maybe you wish she was your mom

Best Answer

I think Dolly Parton is adorable and you picked a good pretend mom

Best Answer

Lol I know it is so wierd though! Like it's not me it's my brain (I know that doesn't make any since) but still!

Best Answer