maybe you need to fill your life with 'more'... There is so much more to getting your emotional needs met than being in a relationship:-<br />
Contributing to the welfare of others (volunteering)<br />
Giving and receiving attention<br />
Being involved in activities that 'stretch' you mentally/physically<br />
Security (some degree of financial/emotional independence)<br />
Feeling valued and appreciated<br />
Have some control over your own life<br />
what can you do to fill up your life? once you start working on these things, you will find that you feel far less lonely and will have more confidence in yourself.

Best Answer

Thanks. Do u know of any places on the web where maybe someone could help me through this step by step? I dont think I can do it on my own and it drives me to be tempted to have an extra marital affair which I dont want to have.

Best Answer

volunteerhamilton.ca

Best Answer

PM me and I will help if I can (I am a qualified Life Coach)

Best Answer

yeah, it's the worst. the person who has committed to being there for you isn't. my first husband finally woke up and smelled the coffee, and it was too late. i had learned to live without him, and we didn't like any of the same things anymore.

Best Answer

Sometimes people get married because they fear being alone. Sometimes people choose their partners ba<x>sed on expectations rather then actual compatibility. People sometimes grow apart.<br />
Just a few reasons why you are married yet you feel emotionally estranged.<br />
I feel sorry for you. But at the same time, I know some decisions you made along the way may have been miscalculated or rushed...so, my sympathy runs only so far.<br />
I had an opportunity a couple of years to get married to a great person...but I didn't because I knew I would feel emotionally distant from her. She deserved to find someone who would love her in a way I never could. So I let her go and find that person.<br />
I could have been selfish, and horded her attention...<br />
But instead, I released her...and she found someone that adores her. That makes me feel happy for them.

Best Answer

wow... u are soooo romantic... im melting and I love it!

Best Answer

From one artist to another, I so very humbly thank you for your generous compliment. For the most part, random people pay little to no attention to my comments. Thank you for noticing Temptressempress.

Best Answer

being loved has nothing to do with being lonely ........... SpiritChild probably hit the nail in the head........<br />
My Mom always says that you can be in the middle of 100 people and you can STILL be lonely without the person you want to be there with !

Best Answer

How do I get over the loneliness?

Best Answer

Join a club, start a club, invite your neighbours round for coffee, get a Dog (not the best idea they don't talk), become involved in the community (Church, PTA, Scouts, Youth Work) to name but a few, Adult Education Classes...

Best Answer

I think it's cause you both get too comfortable with each other. That spark dies and you don't surprise each other anymore. Cause of these you both change and go apart. You don't talk anymore and nothing is spontaneous. But talk to your spouse cause chances are they are lonely too. I know cause I'm in the Sam boat only my gf doesn't like to talk. Makes me sad

Best Answer

I think u need something which can give a little support...................loneliness is not a disease...................its a feeling....................u feel alone in yourself coz u r scared enough 2 let yourself flow vit the air, your surrounding nature.......................look dear nothing use 2 stop for anyone............ I know u have friends n u r not letting them 2 reach your heart u have locked yourself in a dark room................ u just need 2 free your n see the magic......

Best Answer

it doesn't take the whole pharmaceutical company 2 heel a wound...........................just a single ointment can do the magic .......... Similarly, something will change ur loneliness into ur happiness............. just let yourself free.............

Best Answer

coz marriage is a lonely thing, at first u are everything to each other but in the middle of the run you both change... worst is when you let urself get isolated or he puts into isolation, those things are the worst!!<br />
sad to say, getting married is not the solution...

Best Answer

It's only a solution if you both evolve down the same journey. It takes two people to know themselves, know what they need and know what they can offer...and then know how to identify and juxtapose those qualities against the backdrop of the "what ifs" in companionship.

Best Answer

i feel the same way. and its because the person your married to or at least the one im married to doesnt understand whats wrong with me or how to deal with my issues/outbursts

Best Answer

Does he take care of u financially?

Best Answer

Slow your life down and go back to the relationship you had when money was not important, the most you had were each other-you made time to see each other, and "love" was new. In other words, you both need to stop putting the world in front of the person who should be "your world". My "ex" never got this idea-we separated 12 years ago and here she sits with her things and has lost the Male that loved her just for herself. Don't be a sad story too-stop the world and get off-it's a lot nicer in the grass that in the weeds of "BLING". Be good-S in SC

Best Answer

I feel happier when hubby supports me financially which is rare.

Best Answer