christy0590 christy0590 22-25, F 7 Answers May 30, 2012

Suicidal thoughts can definitely come & go. Statistically speaking, people often feel more suicidal or are more likely to follow through with the act when their depression first lifts. This is due to a couple things. 1 - Having more energy & being able to think just a bit more clearly to be able to successfully carry through with the act. 2 - Often when depression is at it's worst people develop unhealthy coping mechanisms (for example- self injury, binging/purging, restricting, substance abuse - use of alcohol or drugs, etc) Meaning when the person is doing much better, and not as depressed, they've most likely given up many of their unhealthy ways of coping. Although less depressed - it can be especially hard at first because you may feel lost without the old behaviors & not know yet how to positively cope with & manage your thoughts and emotions. <br />
When the depression begins to lift - it might be the hardest stage of all. It's so important than you hang in there though, and keep your head up. It sounds like you are strong, and heading in the right direction. It's important to keep pushing yourself, to keep going, and do whatever it takes not to turn back. I hope this explanation is helpful.

Best Answer

Suicidal thoughts can creep up on you like any dark emotion, especially times when you are alone and/or isolated. Be among friends. Listening to others helps keep you out of your own head

Best Answer

I know, many a times I have been pulled out of a moment cause a friend is having a melt down. I just hate that it creeps...I don't see it until I'm in too deep!

Best Answer

Yeah those thoughts can be some sneaky bastards

Best Answer

maybe death still feels the best option

Best Answer

if you're on medication have you checked to make sure whether it could be the cause?

Best Answer

i'm not suicidal but its still fun to think of ways that at least from the out side seem like i fun way to die

Best Answer