I'm a mostly "good" person. I always try to do the right thing, and of course I want the "good" side to win and everything...but I still feel badly for the evil characters when they fail. Any opinions on why? Does anyone else ever feel this way?
lonelygal17 lonelygal17 18-21, F 9 Answers May 27, 2011

always wanted the coyote to git the roadrunner.......does this make me evil?

Best Answer

I did too! lol. No, you're not evil either.

Best Answer

Because you are evil.

Best Answer

Yeah, I figured someone'd say that. I'm not though, so....next.

Best Answer

Many times the creator delibreratly pushes the audience's button's. For instance I found myself rooting for Hannibal Lector mainly because he was suave, inteligent and presived as less evil than the other villain's such as Mason and Buffulo Bill. <br />
Also even at his most corrupt Darth Vader had a strong sense of honour about him. <br />
If you think about it while the east india trading company was very cruel,[ in real life too], It seemed kinda odd to root for pirates, murders, rapists and thives from the sea.<br />
In the movie From Here to Eternity Ernest Borgnine played a cruel M P that beat Frank Sanitra's charactor to death. Yet I didn't care much for Franks charactor, I found him annoying, But I was saddend when Ernie's charactor died. Go figure.

Best Answer

Those are all very good examples! Especially the Pirates one, which I never considered. It's weird how those creators can make you really feel for the "bad guy". Haha, glad to see others feel the same sometimes.

Best Answer

Because it's fun to cheer for a villian sometimes

Best Answer

because you think that nobody will sympathize to them, so you feel pitty on them, and that is very kind of you! But stop that soon it is better! You dont know what that innocent sympathy could turn into what!<br /><br />
Stating sympathy on the devil being eternally cursed, lead some groups to worship him as a poor one hated by everybody! <br /><br />
But he desrved it as he was the reason that we went out of paradise! See how much God loves us?

Best Answer

Lol, don't worry about my sympathy turning me into an extremist or anything. It's just innocent pity, honestly. But thank you for saying it's kind. I'm actually not religious in any way, so I'm not in danger of worshipping the devil lol.

Best Answer

We all have our demons; therefore , we all can relate to villains. Yes, some authors create sympathetic villains, but sometimes the villains are straight up despicable- drug lords for example. (exception of Tony Montana). <br />
I'm going to put the focus on YOU, not the villains. Why do you relate to villains? I don't know you, but I did ask myself that question for years. So take my answer:<br />
I'm a misfit. I never really fit in with the in-crowd so to speak. Understand that the villain of the story serves as a dose of reality. <br />
In real life, the rich greedy Krab gets the gets a successful business, and the tiny insignificant(but genius) Plankton gets a bad ending. I sympathize with the bad guys because they are the ones who need the most care. All the heroes have a group of friends, so I routed for the guy who was off working on his own.<br />
I do, however, LOVE the "face-heel-turn" trope.

Best Answer