I will wake up suddenly and see objects, like spiders on the ceiling, or hear something crawling around on my floor in the dark. I am awake, but not really because after a few minutes i realize how silly im being, and realize there is nothing there. But when it is happening, my husband cannot get me to believe that there is nothing there. It is very frightening. Any idea why this keeps happening to me?
rkoeven rkoeven 22-25 12 Answers Aug 31, 2010

I say its possibly because you have a sign of schizophrenia. Its a certain disorder where you see and hear things that aren't there. If its really bad, I suggest you see a doctor or specialist of some sort. Hope it gets better though!

Best Answer

Because your still sleeping.

Best Answer

Iron deficiency

Best Answer

Try turning off all tvs and radios, and keeping outdoors sounds away..if this does not help, maybe you should see a sleep therapist..also, it could very well be sleep apnea, causing this..ask your husband to watch you sleep..if you have a greater than 30 sec, interval between your breathing,and then seem to gasp, a bit, and then start breathing again, get thee to a pulmonologist who specializes in sleep studies.

a lack of even this much oxygen to the brain can cause these night terror situations to happen., and, it could progressiverly become much worse over time..good luck

Best Answer

That can happen with night terrors. "Night Terrors" are a known sleeping disorder.

See if this is what it's like: http://www.nightterrors.org/

You're not going crazy or anything, it's freaky as hell but it is just a sleeping disorder.

I've experienced some various messed up versions myself.

Best Answer

u needs to call the pest control and the ghost busters

Best Answer

To many Phobias

Best Answer

During sleep you are actually dreaming in a lighter stage of sleep. You could very well have been woke by the sounds of your husband stirring in his sleep, a car passing out side your house or an other random sound. If you are woke very suddenly your brain has to make this leap from sleeping/dreaming to reality. Often this may take some time for your unconsciousness to become a realized consciousness. I've sat up, "awake", in bed and was answering questions as if it was an entirely different conversation from the topic they were asking about. Don't remember answering that way, I do remember them asking me questions and I answered them.

Best Answer

Well every house has some type of noise or sound but if you have them continally you need to seek professional help.

Best Answer

Hallucinations can be brought on by a number of things. Have you started any new medication (any type, not just psychiatric) ,have you been particularly stressed or tired recently?

Go and see you doctor about it, they will know what to do about it.

Best Answer

you should see a therapist. your mind is tricking your eyes in believing your seeing something that isnt there.

Best Answer