Whateverrrrr Whateverrrrr 36-40, F 24 Answers May 16, 2012

Intelligent people think too much into things.<br />
Have you noticed that stupid people have more fun in general and ignorance is bliss.

Best Answer

I agree with you about some smart people, they are smart enough not to read too much into things. I was generalising about stupid people. There are some stupid people who wished they are smart enough to have fun. I was once one of those stupid people who wished I was smart and funny enough to make others happy so that I would be happy. Then I was so stupid that I wished that I was that guy over there with a few girls hanging of his every word and making them laugh all the way to his bed while I sit in a corner by myself very depressed and wondering why I am not that funny or thought up what he said to make the girls laugh and I tried to be like that only to fail miserly and walk the lonely walk home and sleep the lonely sleep of losers.
That would be the most stupid thing anyone can do is compare themselves with others

Best Answer

comparison brings us to the grave

Best Answer

Many people go through life having no deeper thoughts, than What's for Breakfast ? ,What's for Lunch ? . What's for Supper ? The more Intelligent you are, the more Aware you become of the things happening around you. Things others don't even worry about,because they never occur to them. It can become overwhelming. The key is you have to also be aware that many things our out of our Control,and shouldn't upset you.<br />
Best Wishes!

Best Answer

hmm

Best Answer

I am not sure this is true... I am depressed kind da... but I am dumb as ***!

Best Answer

think it could be anything, like seclusion, perfectionist attitude, obsessing, an understanding of dark things in life

Best Answer

I'd like to know this one myself

Best Answer

They can and often do, but the two are not necessarily linked.<br />
Not all intelligent people suffer depression; a vast number of people with limited intelligence do suffer from it.<br />
I think there are two main paths to depression for intelligent people (leaving out endogenous causes like bi-polar). <br />
One is the tendency to try to escape uncomfortable reactions to normal stimuli by distraction with mentally absorbing pursuits, like mathematics, history, science etc. The problem with this is that, by avoiding facing uncomfortable feelings, the necessary emotional lessons are not learned, and so emotional maturity can lag way behind intellectual capacity. Then, when a serious stress occurs, such as departmental funding cuts and job insecurity, or the failure of a relationship, there is a lack of coping skills, a feeling of being hopelessly trapped develops, and that causes depression.<br />
A second path to depression -- some people are very focused on seeing the world realistically. This is an intelligent thing to do, and the practise tends to increase intelligence over time. A draw back is that there are many aspects of the world which are or can be depressing: the magnitude of poverty, disease, cruelty, war, the numbers of dysfunctional people, the facts of corruption, drug addiction, crime, extremes of decadence, even the combined effects of huge numbers of tiny errors. It can be overwhelming. Its becomes very easy to say life is suffering. There is so much that no amount of effort can ever change or cure it. There is so much suffering in life that its not worth living. Along with it can go more personal thoughts such as, regardless of what talents I have, I'm powerless to make a difference... or generally negative decisions about self which gradually lead into the trap of hopelessness. <br />
However, realism can also be a path out of depression, if one learns the right mental skills (suggest an experiment of a 10 day course in Vipassana meditation, no faith required, no faith transgressed). Another way out is to modify realism with a sufficiency of learned optimism and constructive action. Focusing on the present moment is useful. It means one can either face a problem and either deal with it or learn from it. Focusing on the present makes it possible to discover how much is enjoyable; simple things, birdsong, fresh air, the tingling of warm sun on skin, an affectionate cat, a cup of coffee, the smile of a friend...

Best Answer

Thanks for all these info.

Best Answer

Dont know, never been depressed. BTW, can somebody tell what is the result of this: 2+2?

Best Answer

I guess you're lucky not to suffer from depression. I am sure you know the answer to your question. ;)

Best Answer

O.o Great question!

Best Answer

too much intelligence could be sometimes painful

Best Answer

Yeah, I would never be intelligent...Have some weed.

Best Answer

lol to the weed

Best Answer

I dont get depressed

Best Answer

You are one of the lucky one's then.

Best Answer

ignorance is not bliss, but it allows bliss. Especially if your definition of bliss to focus on the insanely happy even if you are in trouble. Intelligence on the other hand keeps asking questions and pursuing the answers as such you can way over focus on the negative. One thing that has always helped me was when someone said "happiness is a choice," what happens to us does not make us happy or sad it is how we respond to it, and you alter your reactions by altering your perceptions. Of course you can't narrow your perceptions but you can broaden them. i hope this helps.

Best Answer

Intelligence does not in and of itself bring happiness. What brings happiness is acceptance. There is no purpose to intelligence, it is inherent within the energy of all that is. Intelligence and energy are one and the same. Energy is intelligence. Intelligence is energy.<br />
Happiness is a result of acceptance. Those who operate with greater mental constraints, for whatever reason, sometimes seem to have an easier time accepting their circumstances, their environment, and themselves, because they are not given to long- winded inner dialoguing and mental journeys into the various nuances of their perceived reality. And so a so-called simple minded person can shrug their shoulders and carry on, accept what is, and that is what creates the avenue for the experience of happiness.<br />
A Koan

Best Answer

Intelligent people usually have more knowledge. Therefore, "ignorance is bliss" does not apply to them.

Best Answer

They must-'cause I get depressed sometimes. :)

Best Answer

Stress. The more you know, the less you're free. LOL a paradox!

Best Answer

always look on the bright side of life ....

Best Answer