churinga churinga 70+, M 11 Answers Mar 21, 2012

In their publications they used to argue that receiving a blood transfusion was cannibalism. They included organ transplants with that. And they also prohibited vaccinations and argued that vaccinations led to moral breakdown in society.

So for many years organ transplants were as forbidden as blood transfusions were, whether it meant life or death, to Jehovah's Witnesses.

However in the case of each of these religious rules they have taught, they did not teach them from the beginning of their organization. It is the history of the Watchtower organization that they have gone back and forth, completely without explanation, on some very radical doctrines.

Eventually, sometime in the 1970s or so, they dropped the vaccine prohibition. Some time later they dropped the organ transplant prohibition. The leaders in New York never said why.

Still years later they began loosening up their blood prohibition by teaching that some parts, or fractions, of blood were okay. For example they allowed platelets, and other fractions, but not whole blood, even though fractions ARE blood.

So the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, on these very life and death matters, have been quite arbitrary; nothing to do with the Bible at all.

Actually, the word "arbitrary" is a good adjective to describe the Jehovah's Witnesses and their leadership in the Watchtower Corporation. So be very cautious when some JW at the door tries to portray the religion as "Oh we just go by the Bible". A lot of the JW you meet will not know much about the history of the organization. And they are strongly discouraged from researching online, or even into past publications of the Watchtower Corporation itself. Weird, eh? But that's really how it is.

Best Answer

I asked a JW about this once.

They told me it was because of their belief that the soul resides in blood. Then they showed me some bible passages which apparently say that. One of the passages was in either leviticus or deutoronomy, but I can't remember where.

But since the soul resides in blood, it is strictly gods domain.

That was their explanation.

Best Answer

the blood is part of the body, what if the body dies and blood dries up? would they dry up and cease to exist as well? sound like they have no soul either.

Best Answer

Ashame, really... Why do people make these rules? I mean, surely blood transfusions didn't exist during when the Bible was compiled and written. So there cannot be rules in there about it? I may be wrong...

But what if a person wants to give blood in order to save someone's life? Wouldn't that person be doing something out of compassion? Wouldn't it be giving them a chance to save a Religious person's life? (IF it's a non believer).

Best Answer

they do not want to live, they refuse to take the blood when they are dying... soooo farkin twisted man!

Best Answer

Blood is sacred in God's eyes. God says that the soul, or life, is in the blood. So it is wrong to use blood. —Leviticus 17:14; Acts 15:28, 29.

Best Answer

they do not believe in saving lives or heroic acts okay... they are heartless!

Best Answer

yes, this is what they believe and what the bible teaches. You are correct.

Best Answer

DRINK THE KOOL-AIDE..

Best Answer

they hate vampires okay...

Best Answer

Apparently is cause it is written in the bible.

I haven't read the bible and even if it is, if I need to give blood to help someone, then I'll give it. (my choice and no disrespect towards them).

Best Answer

They do not want to live, you see for them they won't take the blood because they want to see heaven sooner... wow they must really love God to be just rid of this world and its filthy people...hahaha... no more making difference here on earth...

Best Answer

Most of the witness's absolutely do not believe they will see heaven. Their hope is living on earth as a human. They do not want to lose their hope for eternal life as ahuman on earth and disrespect their creator by consuming what they consider to be his.

Best Answer

The Israelites say that the soul is in the blood, now I wonder what happens if they die and the blood dries up and is no more? Getting vaporized or drained into the ground, either going up into the sky or going to hell beneath...I guess it is a two way road for them... LMFAO... clearly they do not believe that the soul is a separate entity that can be detached from the body... so when the body dies, they die too...I guess no eternal life for them then!

Best Answer

Your right to a point. Don't believe in a separate soul. But the life of a being is in their blood. And yes..they believe when you die you die. Only after Armeggedon are people ressurected back to life....as humans to live here on the earth.

Best Answer

check out our website www.Jw.org for more info

Best Answer