The chat function is not very good here, so I usually have it off. I prefer the messages as I can think out my answers and give it the time and consideration it needs. But men seem to prefer chat. So not getting the difference, to me they are both the same. I have also noticed that the messages are more controlled then in chat.
snowberry75 snowberry75 36-40, F 16 Answers Jun 1, 2011

and you have it figured out, the guys dont much like to wait on stuff lol

Best Answer

Well yes of course theres that but I think its more involved in that. lol

Best Answer

Wham bam thank you mam.

Best Answer

chat is faster, instant gratification

Best Answer

Hmm how to put this....<br />
It makes a guy feel closer to ya ;-) . The messages don't feel as "live" once they are sent. Messages work just as well as chat to me too; I'm with ya there, but apparently not to some men here. Responses in chat are instant and he can imagine your voice more readily and who knows what else. Okay, I'll stop there.

Best Answer

Understand loud and clear. Thank you for your insight.

Best Answer

Me too....

Best Answer

Actually I used to think the Meebo was better than the message function. But now I am not so sure. When I am chatting my spelling sinks to the level of a first grader, because I am trying to type so fast. While the message function let's me take my time and organize my thoughts better. And improves my spelling.<br />
But the chat function is fun because it feels more like real time, so If whoever I am chatting with understands that my spelling is going to be bad, then chatting is more fun. It depends on the purpose and the friend that you are communicating with.

Best Answer

Hey that being said, Would you like to chat with me? lol just kidding. Well since I'm a man I can give you a lot better insight than these women who think they know men. No just kidding again ladies. Seriously , I don't feel any closer to anybody using the chat or the message function. It doesn't matter to me which one is used.

Best Answer

LOL thanks for your lighthearted input.

Best Answer

I think you are right......... messages seem to have to be thought out first.... but chatting lets you say what comes right out of you mind

Best Answer

my chat does not work so i will never have this issue

Best Answer

I don't want to be "THAT CLOSE" to anyone other than those I am already close to at this point but I don't use chat because it hoses up my phone. Men ask me all the time why i am not on there. I have started telling them because my boyfriend forbids it. They usually leave me alone after that. :)

Best Answer

LMAO hugs to funny girl but I have to agree, when I first opened my account I always had it on and it really became a pain, felt like I was controlling traffic. No I prefer to take my time and give each person the time and justice they deserve. I was never very good at juggling LOL

Best Answer

The only real difference I see is that you have to keep refreshing to see when you get a message in your inbox, but the chat messages just pop up when they come in.

Best Answer

I agree with you and I prefer the message function.

Best Answer

Yes you can connect on a much deeper level then in chat because are taking the time and putting effort into the replys.

Best Answer

How do you turn it off?

Best Answer