What's wrong with a female that wears a dress but still enjoys a good football game?
melodyerose melodyerose 31-35, F 20 Answers Dec 11, 2008

I think most guys are more comfortable with tomboy types that can act like "just one of the guys," whereas a girly girl is going to emphasize the romantic side of the relationship, regardless of what they're doing or talking about.<br />
Girly girls, however, do help guys feel like manly men, and you don't have to be insecure to appreciate it. Girly girls also put more effort into looking attractive, which oddly might keep guys from hitting on them, but will be appreciated in the middle of the relationship where everyone gets lax about appearance.

Best Answer

And are you not insecure, if you need to feel "manly"?

I am sorry, but I do dislike girly-girls (most of them can't help you do handy-work around the house (fixing stuff, breaking down a wall etc.) - and they mostly do not even want to, they could break a nail *gasp*, most of them are high-maintenance (at least higher then a tomboy) etc.) and I for one don't need to feel "sweaty lumberjack like"-manly (hell, I want an equal in a relationship and the best way for this to work is if people are on the same page about things...I would probably never be like that with a girly-girl)

greetings LAX

Best Answer

I think most guys with any sense like a balanced girl, her style and mannerisms matter not so much as her soul's intent.

Best Answer

I dont think that most guys do like girly types. The macho type who needs a bimbo on his arm to show his success and boost his low self-esteem might. Unfortunately, the chick he has, usually needs him for the same reason!<br />
The only thing is that any woman who wears low tops and short skirts is bound to arouse a man's interest. However, it is only an animal desire, not a genuine liking.

Best Answer

Your initial question is too broad. <br />
The second part of the question is more valid. My answer: most guys who like football, would love for their lady friend to enjoy the game with them. :)

Best Answer

Heck no. From what I know, guys don't like girly girls (if you mean the ones that act like OMG, he is SOOO CUUTE! :3) They find it annoying. Guys like girls who he can hang out with like one of the guys. I even asked some guys in my class if they would ever go out with this girl who is super girly and acts like a bimbo and they said no, they found the way she talks annoying and that she's dumb. lol

Best Answer

They don't...

Best Answer

I think it gives the impression of being a pushover or a sex ob<x>ject & in my experience, most men are turned on by strong women - yes, they're attracted to the 'eyelash flutterers', but it's superficial & real men need something more than just superficial. Obviously, there are the macho types who prefer their girls in pink and to be subserviant, but these men generally use women like props; someone to prove how manly they are by contrast. I'm not saying men find really butch women attractive, (though some might), but, for example, my husband would get bored if he had a woman who constantly agreed with him & dressed the way he wants. He wants someone he can debate with, even bicker with - it keeps things fresh & interesting. Besides, what are you left with when you get older? A wrinkly, agreeable girl who's past her best & has no personality - a stepford wife! So, in my experience & my husband's opinion, girly girls are nice to look at - for a while - but if they don't cultivate a personality, they're not a keeper - just temporary eye-candy.

Best Answer

Because the tom-boys are more like friends then "girlfriend"

Best Answer

GIRL IS GIRL-Y, MAN IS MAN-Y. Why not pepol get it?<br />
Me MAN! Me go punch rock. You go off in-ter-net! Clean house cook dinner! Ware dress! An TURN OFF DAT FOTBALL!

Best Answer

lozer

Best Answer

not all guys like girly girls, but they do want to feel like a man and not feel like they are dating a dude.. i think we as women have gotten away from letting men act like men.... its not being held down or held back... its just letting a man be a gentelman

Best Answer

I think most women tend to have a balance. There are aspects about me that are "girly girl" because I do wear skirts, get my nails and hair done, wear make up, etc. But thats just because I have a certain style and like to look a certain way. <br />
In other ways, I am not what you would refer to as a girly girl. I love to play basketball, I can drink beer with the boys and talk about their latest dates, I fix stuff around my house by myself all the time, etc. And I have never pretended to be stupid or acted dumb and helpless just to get a guy to notice me.<br />
I think you can be feminine and also be smart and indepedent at the same time and that is what guys like.

Best Answer

i used to be a tomboy,,, very agressive and rough and i wouldn't mind getting dirty in the mud...BUT i grew up,,, don't get me wrong though i still love sports and i still don't mind getting rough and dirty.. but there is a time for everything, my boyfriend loves the fact that i'm girly but he also loves that i can be rough and sporty... maybe the guys u meet are too immature for you, cuz i know that guys that are mature love a girl with variety and the fact that she can be spontaneous!

Best Answer

i honestly dont care if she's girly, or if she's tomboyish. as long as she's not afraid to be rough, both playfully, and...the other way....

Best Answer

Men can feel manly and confident with girly girls. When a girl wears the pants in a relationship, some guys just don't know what to do with themselves.

Best Answer

What is the girly girl types in the first place, and secondly the only thing I would like in my girl not going to a football game is the way she will sulk when I cancel a date with her for the game and then the way I will have to be all around her to get her to calm down. Lol, I guess I'm evil! ;)

Best Answer

Girly girls, ladettes, tomboys, I love 'em all!

Best Answer

I used to be a tomboy, and I got more male attention than the other girls in my class; problem was that they treated me like just 'one of the guys', you know? Still, now I'm more of a girly-girl, but I'm stuck at home all the time now and not gettting any male attention at all! I think I'd rather be a tomboy and just one of the guys than be a girlygirl who doesn't get any attention.

Best Answer

Same reason girl so like the Quarterback. Cause the hormones say so.

Best Answer