litelover litelover 36-40, M 25 Answers May 21, 2012

Not to say kids are always wrong but have you heard 3/4s the stuff out of teenagers mouths?

Best Answer

Thats because teenagers want to say what they think.
Parents avoid the ideas or thoughts of the kids and they say dumb stuff because they want to **** their parents off!

Best Answer

Well, that and parents or teachers usually (well, I think so,) discriminate the right of freedom of speech. And when you come to think about it, it's not fair to us

Best Answer

My parents don't listen to me they just assume their right and forget about what I think

Best Answer

It's pure superiority, I tell ya. My parents always say that i'm never serious about anything. When i try to argue they say "Don't argue! I/we are your parents!". It's always like that! I know they have tons of life experience and stuff and i respect them for that but sometimes.. they really should listen to us kids. It's tiring to argue with them over the most trivial matters. <br />
Oh well, just keep calm and don't say anything. That's my way of dealing with my parents.

Best Answer

But have you guys Experienced how unfair this is? it's just like school. "You don't have the right!" We're 50 years older than you we are cool! Srsly. They're either drunken with power, or just plain weird.

Best Answer

It is not that the parent is always right or that they even think they are. And it is not that the child is wrong. A lot of the time it is the way kids say things, not necessarily the opinion. Sometimes your parents will humble themselves if you are willing to humble yourself first. It is a sign of respect. However, there is that ocassional time where the parents may just be dead wrong. The solution, DROP IT. I promise take what they say in, act like you care and I mean really make it seem as though you really appreciate what is being said without being fake. A parent will say what they need to say, and move on. After all, you cannot argue by yourself.

Best Answer

Well, you're right about that

Best Answer

because more than nine times out of ten they are right.

Best Answer

Sometimes that is true. But one time, my dad was talking about how flawed I am (my personality) then I came down stairs and said don't judge me. He flipped out saying stuff like "don't argue with me!" Or, "I'm always right just admit it!" Then he sends me to my room

Best Answer

because it's common sense

Best Answer

Because this generation that the teens grew up in, is horrible. Plus Parents have television and get to see "bad kids" and they sometimes ba<x>se that on their kid, for example <br />
Parents find out that your friends smoke weed or something, They flip out and say you are or that the teens are lying. When they can or cannot be.<br />
Its all a trust thing mainly

Best Answer

Parents always want to do what they want to do and they dominate the ideas of the kids.... My parents don't give a CRAP about my ideas for projects and i always end up doing their stuff.

Best Answer

Well all that stuff about your parents caring and just wanting to help you out I guess is true in some cases but for example, what if it is something totally pointless that if you were right this one time it wouldnt change your life at all. But still they don't want to say oh your right, instead they make a big fuss about it.

Best Answer

Because adults think they r better and more superior than anyone younger than they r. They think that kids aren't capable of making good decisions and they basically think they own their kids. I have the same exact problem and I have resentment against my parents because of it. I feel like my parents think I'm their property and I'm not.anyway that's why

Best Answer

Because they think their superior, but my mom's been wrong many times. Just because I had a baby doesn't make me always right, if someone got pregnant at 14 they would technically be a parent. Does that make them always right? No it doesn't!

Best Answer

Parents know a lot more than they are given credit for. When I was young, I used to tell my Mom that she may have experienced SOMETHING like my situation, but not EXACTLY the same thing... and I thought I was outsmarting an ancient system. I built up a resentment for the (often unsolicited) advice, because I felt like she had little faith in my ability to make my own choices, and that it was unfair for her to live vicariously through me.<br />
Eventually, I discovered that "finding out for myself" isn't always the best (or easiest) way to go through life. Kids discover this in their own time... Hopefully before their lives are irretrievably broken.

Best Answer

I always realise my mum was right about so many things. :) I'll think you find it's usually the kid who thinks they're always right, the parents know they're always right.

Best Answer

It's actually not like that... this is because, the parents don't want their children to get into any sort of troubles! they always look after them!

Best Answer

I guess so...

Best Answer

I think parents should take their own advice and "listen", they may have experience, but the world changes and they don't always see things right or learn from their mistakes. Age is not intelligence.

Best Answer

Because they need that sense of authority. It's their greatest purpose in life. In order to exercise this authority, they try to uphold their moral sense of right and wrong, or decision making, as better than their kid's, which is not always right.

Best Answer

They're probably drunken with power

Best Answer

it's called arrogance.

Best Answer

if parents have gone past this stage, shouldn't they know how angry and oppressed the poor kids feel? in short, they don't give a damn about their poor child's fate or future, or feelings.

Best Answer

as a teenager i will tell you your parents know what best for you they may not always be right but they are most of the time and they are in this world for a reason to help us and guide us through stuff

Best Answer