The bible is consistent in referring to God in the masculine. Christ himself called God "father".

Best Answer

All true, from a worldly perspective. But God being seen in the masculine isn't a worldly concept - it is biblical. Jesus himself treated women as equals, which completely broke Jewish tradition. It was women who first discovered him missing from the tomb. He allowed woman to sit amongst small groups of people and listen to his teachings. Also against Jewish tradition. All people are equal to God. Every one. But God doesn't become genderless - or lose his masculine description - just because the new iPhone comes out.

Best Answer

God cannot be contained. Not by time, distance or infinite space. Light shines into the darkness, E.G. masculine.

Best Answer

What do you mean?

Best Answer

"E.G. masculine" ?? Just a macho answer ? When nobody knows it's masculine ?

Best Answer

Yeah, I don't see the argument here.

Best Answer

Yeah God is genderless. But referring to God by 'It' is considered disrespectful. You refer to animals and ob<x>jects by 'it'. So, to be more respectful we personify God and we say 'He' because 'he' wraps up everything in most language. In other languages and cultures where women are more dominant, they probably refer to God as a female.

Best Answer

When you speak of "God" you have to be precise in which god you are referring to. There are millions, if not billions of gods, all which are either male, female, or something else. If you are referring to Yahweh (the abrahamic god) then he is a man. You could go off on philosophical discussion debating the validity of its gender but by the end of the day he will always be an imaginary being given the identity of a male.

Best Answer

...aloz, the theory that aliens came to Earth and wanted gold mined...so they boosted our DNA to have thumbs and be smart and what not then implement the notion of Religion knowing the human race would be more docile~

...and who knows if Aliens even HAVE genders @_@

Just sayen =3

Best Answer

Why would aliens come to Earth for gold? We've got hardly any of it, that's why we consider it so valuable....

Best Answer

Because they want to apeal to a larger audience, and since in todays society women are gaining ground in terms of equality, what better way to say that the most powerful being in the universe is neither male or female? Who are these theologians you speak of? The bible refers to Yahweh as "father", and he is often refered to as "he" not she or it.

Best Answer

If Yahweh existed then that would mean he has all se'xual organs, and that he is one of each, while being the others? Yahweh is a confusing god.

Best Answer

I can tell you that the people back then sure didnt think yahweh was a female. Either they thought of him as a male, or other. The problem with yahweh is that he is refered to as a male, but they say that he is all, which then means he is genderless, but later in the bible he is then desribed again as a he, but then the bible contradicts itself..... you see what i am getting at right? Yahweh is neither gender, but when personified he is a "he" which in todays standard means male, and since there are thousands if not millions of different versions of bibles, each with their own contradicting god thing. In the end it all depends on what you decide to label your god

Best Answer

I think maybe in the past humans were called man.. for example man made marvels... something that both females and males created.. don't quote me on it.. just a thought..

Best Answer

Hypothetical people; "If someone were to open that book, HE would find it was a Bible". Not specific people whose gender isn't known; "I don't know if that's a man or a woman, because HE is wearing a sack" doesn't sound right, does it?

Best Answer

Jesus taught us to pray to God this way;<br />
Matthew 6:8-14<br />
Amplified Bible (AMP)...........<br />
8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.<br />
9 Pray, therefore, like this: Our Father Who is in heaven, hallowed (kept holy) be Your name.<br />
10 Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.<br />
11 Give us this day our daily bread.<br />
12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven ([a]left, remitted, and let go of the debts, and have [b]given up resentment against) our debtors.<br />
13 And lead (bring) us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.<br />
14 For if you forgive people their trespasses [their [c]reckless and willful sins, [d]leaving them, letting them go, and [e]giving up resentment], your heavenly Father will also forgive you.<br />
James 1:17<br />
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)<br />
17 Everything good comes from God. Every perfect gift is from him. These good gifts come down from the Father who made all the lights in the sky. But God never changes like the shadows from those lights. He is always the same.

Best Answer

Masculinity denotes originality and authority.

Best Answer

Good point.

Best Answer

What's "God"?

Best Answer

The Christian God.

Best Answer

God is "one" but the "christian God"... I agree with Ketsan !! What's "God" ?

Best Answer

What's that?

Best Answer

I am open to the fact that a god might exist. but I know for a fact it's not the God of Abraham.

Best Answer

I don't even know what a god is, no-one can tell me.

Best Answer

tru

Best Answer

He doesn't really have a gender, but we think of him as a father because he's loving and firm and looks after his own, as a father should be

Best Answer

I believe God looks like no ones ever seen before, and He's a spirit...

Best Answer

God has revealed Himself as Father [male], Son [male], and Holy Spirit. Perhaps Holy Spirit covers the "motherly" love aspect of God? But for His purposes of communicating His story (history) He has revealed Himself in the masculine gender.

Best Answer

Well God say's He is masculine.He say's that is He male.<br />
In Exodus 15 it say's:<br />
The Lord is my strength and my defense[a];<br />
he has become my salvation.<br />
He is my God, and I will praise him,<br />
my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

Best Answer

That's talking about God in the third person, it's clearly not God talking.

Best Answer

There are many many places where God addresses himself as a male.The list could be so long that there would not be enough room here but one simple thought is Jesus called his Father God.God's name means "He makes things occur or He creates things" but the point is "He".

Best Answer

Few religions say their Gods have gender but beside my religion, I guess there maybe another religions who also say God is genderless n He doesn't resemble His creatures but I guess people out of those religions also think God in those religions has gender cz the God uses Him/He as his pronoun while Him/He here -if it's in my religion-- not because our God is a man but because He is something who is almighty.

Best Answer

Because male is alpha. Dominant, leader of the pack.

Best Answer

He is always spoken of in the male gender and so are the angels.

Best Answer

good point
i agree with you :)

Best Answer

ya i always ask if Jesus will come back as a girl you never know what's going to happen

Best Answer

Maybe because Jesus is a man. But I think it doesn't matter.

Best Answer