Being a tattoo artist myself I don't consider myself or any other artist a freak
Rotny Rotny 26-30, M 25 Answers Jul 12, 2012

for the same reason most people think all engineers are pencil necked, geeks

Best Answer

I just don't get "ink." And most of them do look pretty freaky. I know I'm old. But I do admire many of them as artists.

Best Answer

They look like freaks with almost every inch of their bodies mutilated in some manner.

Best Answer

Is it because a lot of tattoo artists go to a lot of trouble to pedal that myth?

Best Answer

No not all

Best Answer

Well you've said you don't - but are you certain you're speaking for the rest?

Best Answer

Most people don't compulsively draw on themselves.

Best Answer

freak? you should take that as a compliment as the person that thinks you are one solely based on what you do for a living is no one you want to know anyway, and thus their opinion should mean nothing.

Best Answer

I dunno, the one who did mine did a wonderful adaptation of the art I took her, she was fast, skilled, professional and made the whole process fun. She works in watercolors when not working in skin.

Best Answer

I'm guessing it is a left-over from the days when sailors went out to sea and came back with tattoos, indicating a love-em-and-leave 'em drunk as a skunk, throw-him-overboard mentality.

From what I have read, tattoos throughout history were often fraught with great mystical meaning and a sign of respect and sharing of life history with other people. Tattoos are nothing new, after all.

I wouldn't let it bother you. Can you fix mine please?

Best Answer

they are artists!!!

Best Answer

No idea mate. Even my 59yr old sis is still gettin skinart. Think it maybe a)religiodum or b)cultural.

Best Answer

I don't. I think their ability to replicate any image on skin is amazing.

Best Answer

i think you're hot as f*uck

Best Answer

because most of them look like freaks is probably why...

Best Answer

cause they burryed in ink usualy

Best Answer

i dont know most people then, becase there is no such thing as freaky tattoo artists where i come from hehe

Best Answer

Dunno. I guess because using your body as a canvas seems odd to them. I don't care personally. I write on my arms and hands so I don't forget ideas I have.

Best Answer

Probably because most of them are.

Best Answer

yep

Best Answer

They're not!?!?!?!

Best Answer