cutedaddy cutedaddy 51-55, M 10 Answers Jul 17, 2012

I have 3 daughters... and do not envy any of them. I am happy with my life as it is, and proud of who they are. They are my best friends.

:o)

Best Answer

Fortunately it does not apply to all or even most mother-daughter relationships, but it does to many. Glad you didn't fall into that trap! I'm a father, and my daughter is definitely my best friend and most cherished person in my life, but then again, the father position toward a daughter is far easier. Tx 4 sharing.

Best Answer

I see it with my wife and my step daughter

Best Answer

WTF are you talking about? What because Im 40 Im no longer feminine?

Best Answer

That's not what i said. You can also envy someone for something you DO already have. Or not want them to have the same you do. Although far be it from me to judge individual cases. I take it you don't qualify...good 4 u.

Best Answer

this is true....my mother hates me!

I was blessed with 2 sons :)

Best Answer

See the above reply, i hope you'll be able to leave (at least your share of) the pattern behind you and serve yourself AND your mom by that. Best to you!

Best Answer

By the way, she doesn't really hate you, she just has problems w/ letting go of her position and w/ granting you your womanhood. She has problems expressing her love and doesn't see herself, or she would be very ashamed and correct the pattern immediately. Seeing yourself is hard, it's so close by!

Best Answer

The only rivalry i have with my mother is who has the power over family now that grandpa is gone

Best Answer

Sad the daughter is part of the mother

Best Answer

It's not envy. She's afraid you're going to rape them. And I don't blame her for having that opinion.

Best Answer

You're quite funny, but missing the point, buster. I'm not part of the equasion, this is about mother-daughter interaction, not about me (or rapist you, takes one to know one).

Best Answer

The rivalry I have with my daughter is her wanting to push the limits too far.. and me trying to keep her young and innocent for as long as I can. if that makes me a bad mother than yep that's me.

Best Answer

No it doesn't make you a bad mother, certainly. Probably this question does not apply to you and her that much. But it does to some mother/daughter relationships and it's crippling for both parties. If they have the reflection to really see this pattern, both will benefit.

Best Answer