I have 3 daughters... and do not envy any of them. I am happy with my life as it is, and proud of who they are. They are my best friends.<br />
:o)

Best Answer

Fortunately it does not apply to all or even most mother-daughter relationships, but it does to many. Glad you didn't fall into that trap! I'm a father, and my daughter is definitely my best friend and most cherished person in my life, but then again, the father position toward a daughter is far easier. Tx 4 sharing.

Best Answer

I see it with my wife and my step daughter

Best Answer

WTF are you talking about? What because Im 40 Im no longer feminine?

Best Answer

That's not what i said. You can also envy someone for something you DO already have. Or not want them to have the same you do. Although far be it from me to judge individual cases. I take it you don't qualify...good 4 u.

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

The only rivalry i have with my mother is who has the power over family now that grandpa is gone

Best Answer

It's not envy. She's afraid you're going to rape them. And I don't blame her for having that opinion.

Best Answer

You're quite funny, but missing the point, buster. I'm not part of the equasion, this is about mother-daughter interaction, not about me (or rapist you, takes one to know one).

Best Answer

The rivalry I have with my daughter is her wanting to push the limits too far.. and me trying to keep her young and innocent for as long as I can. if that makes me a bad mother than yep that's me.

Best Answer

No it doesn't make you a bad mother, certainly. Probably this question does not apply to you and her that much. But it does to some mother/daughter relationships and it's crippling for both parties. If they have the reflection to really see this pattern, both will benefit.

Best Answer