My mum divorced my dad when I was 8. Remarried when I was 12. She always takes his side, he called me a f*****g freak she stood and let him. Now she has turned against me. She always seems to call me stupid, a *****, a slag, pathetic, idiot. And it really hurts me, she used to be the best mum in the world now it seems she cares more about him. She always says Im the reason they argue and im making her sick/ruining her life/ and she wishes I was never born. Do any mothers know why/ any children live with the same thing?
r9517 r9517 18-21, F 11 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in Family Struggles

This sucks! I feel for you. I came from a messed up home too and it's no fun. I'm sure ur mum feels she needs this guy to take care of you both and so is in the middle of security and her child, but no matter what, there's NO excuse for her ever saying anything hurtful to you gurly! I hope things get better for you. Maybe time to consider Dads house.

Best Answer

She's insecure and terrified of losing that guy's "love." Your mom is being weak. You're not a "******* freak" or any of what they're calling you, and I hope you understand that. Some people just can't handle being alone or unloved. Your mom's likely one of those people. I'm sorry you have to put up with that. :(

Best Answer

She is on her third marriage so maybe that's true just with she would stop saying I'm ruining her life

Best Answer

You're not. She's doing that to herself. Don't let what your dealing with ruin YOUR life though. Even though it hurts, you've got to block out what they say and focus on your future and your happiness. They're adults; they need to figure their own crap out and that it's their own faults. I seriously hate when people do that to kids. >:(

Best Answer

Not cool. Have you got an aunt you could live with or a gandparent/s

Best Answer

My dad, but she always makes me feel guilty when I say I will go live with him.

Best Answer

Its best to know stories from the both sides as it gives better understanding,your mom doesn't hate you children,by doing so she is trying to push you away from standing in front of her way,sometimes she has done all perseverance in an abusive relationship to see you grown before she takes further steps to gain her freedom too without having to deal with irresponsible mum leaving small children behind,so focus on whatever that you do to make your future brighter,you will understand once you are old enough.

Best Answer

If you want to know why, there are a million answers and none of them will fix things in your heart. The only one is to have a loving mother and right now you don't. I would genuinely say probably a severe personality disorder, but her illness is not yours to fix. You need to care for you. Find resources and a safety net for you. <br />
It is terrible you have to do this, no kid should. I did. I had to leave home at 15. If I can survive anyone can, love. Hold on knowing it her HER that is the freak you are a beautiful child with so much potential that has not even begun to blossom yet. Hold on to that. Repeat to yourself often. IT IS THEM NOT ME.

Best Answer

sorry your mom feels that way about you. very sad ! have you tried to talk to her about what she's doing to you ? if she's not willing to listen to you, or understand your feelings, you need to live with another family member that will show you love and compassion. it's not right that she chooses her man over her daughter ! :)

Best Answer

My friend Payton had to deal with it. and in all honesty, your mother needs a slap in the face. I think her boyfriend might be a little too controlling and, when she does something he doesn't like, the arguments start. she just throws her anger on the little guy to make herself feel better. like a bully. in all honesty, that's no mother. it's a woman that just doesn't know what the hell she's doing :/ if you think I'm wrong, go ahead and say it, but I think the more she's around HIM, the worse she gets... and I see i'm about 2 years late with the comment, but I hope it helps :/

Best Answer