PrincessCadance PrincessCadance 22-25, F 12 Answers Dec 25, 2013 in Community

In times like this, it's sometimes best to just focus on the work and remember that you're getting a paycheck.

Best Answer

I'd like that, unfortunately a lot if it requires planning and team collaboration. It's so hard to work in a group with people who all go out drinking afterward and don't invite you

Best Answer

Oh geez, I know! It's a tough situation. At some point it will get better.

Best Answer

Maybe you should transfer from the dairy to the meat packing department, pigorkers are friendlier.

Best Answer

Thanks for making me smile!

Best Answer

Maybe it has something to do with you being a sexual deviant. Most people don't like that in a person....

Best Answer

They have no idea about all that. I'm a pretty quiet introverted person

Best Answer

Bullying is commonplace among coworkers. Who is the target of gossip or being ostracized can vary over time. What you describe is likely to be real, and not imagined, because it does happen.

Best Answer

Thanks for the reassurance. Why would they pick me? I haven't done anything mean to anyone.

Best Answer

Because they hate their jobs; they are bored; they are unchallenged; they are unhappy both at home and at work.

Best Answer

Any advice in how to get them to cease fire ? Like, anything I can do or say

Best Answer

Nothing that comes to mind. You did nothing to cause their issues. That makes it hard for you to do anything to remedy it.

Best Answer

treat people as they treat u .. if they are nice to u , be nice , if they are not , be worst than them :)

Best Answer

I don't think I have the heart to treat them poorly... Do you really think that would work or just make them dislike me more?

Best Answer

Most of my work life is head down and do work, thats usualy the best tactic, I dont care If people like or dont at work, as long as I do my job and get paid thats work

Best Answer

My job required teamwork and group planning. Plus we work 10 people in one room. It's tight

Best Answer

Ahhhh I can see thats tough if your stuck together :/ I would still just do what was requiered of me and try not to stress about being liked. I'm sure if you dont your likeble self will shine through. If you think to much it might show negativity and people sense that :) hope I helped

Best Answer

Why do you need them to like you? Just do your work.

Best Answer

Work is work, you don't have to like them, and they don't have to like you. Just answer to the management.

Best Answer

Management wants us to collaborate

Best Answer

what do you do?

Best Answer

Then collaborate with them to work on projects... :)

Best Answer

be nice, blend in. or just do what i do, make them fear you.

Best Answer

I don't think they'll fear me lol. I'm quite nice. I always greet everyone by name and I've even brought cookies twice. Am I too nice?

Best Answer

no, don't think so. no idea why you're not blending in. maybe you don't smile enough?

Best Answer

You're cute haha

Best Answer

I've been told my regular thinking face is kind of sad...I'll try to smile more. Hard to smile for people who ostracize you though

Best Answer

make them fear you instead. soon *they* will be smiling at you, hoping you don't crush them underfoot.

Best Answer

oh yeah, change the sad face to an angry face

Best Answer

Because you're a newbie. You sound like my sister

Best Answer

I am new to my job but not the newest. 2 people started after me and everyone likes and includes them.

Best Answer

I have zero work experience, but maybe you're kinda introverted?

Best Answer

I'm totally introverted. But I still want to be liked

Best Answer

Yeah that's the problem. When you don't open up, people think you're stuck up and have secrets to hide

Best Answer

What makes you think they don't like you.

Best Answer

They single me out, talk over me and cut me off, and throw big parties together to which I'm never invited. If anyone leave trash out they put it on my table and tell me to throw it away, even though it's not mine.

Best Answer

You have to sleep around.

Best Answer

Married :/

Best Answer

You have a lucky hubby. :o)

Best Answer