Why do non christian parents place their child in a priests hands and baptise them? I'm new here, and I write this as a comment to you, Natasha. Thank you btw. Yes the world is not the same. In many societies God is dead. That's ok. I never believed anyway (and I was baptised! And had my communion!) If god exist, why must innocent children get water on their heads in church to guarantee their place in heaven? If god is almighty and sees all, don't he see the pureness of an infants heart and accept her as his child? Why don't he use his magic wand to make things right?
guhd guhd 46-50, M 4 Answers Aug 18, 2012 in Religion

idk why parent would be foolish enough to think their child need to be baptized before they can understand what it really means and before they understand right from wrong. this is typically a catholic practice and also people of the baptist practices. i dont know why catholics are considered christian when their practices all relate to paganism. and those other denomination claiming to be christian but have one foot in and the other out, picking and choosing what theyre going to practice and theyre not. they give other christians a bad name,and make us all look like savages, then people who dont know any better get led into a practice instead of the word of God and getting to know Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior and accepting him, children are innocent and children are pure, what do they need to be baptized for?, when God says children dont get sent to hell. I dont know what parents christian or not would, allow their children to go through a ritual without knowing what it really means, especially with a priest.

Best Answer

because the want their child to grow up and believe in something. because the world is not the same.

Best Answer

I think their probably hedging their bets. "God doesn't exist, probably."<br />
It's the same reason that non-religious people might wear religiously significant jewelry.

Best Answer

I agree. Let's keep our ground covered, just in case. We'll probably get some points at St. Peters as well...

Best Answer