VirgoTheArtyFarty VirgoTheArtyFarty 18-21, F 25 Answers Jan 3, 2012

Grow up

Best Answer

Says the person with the cartoon profile picture lol ...

Best Answer

good comeback.

Best Answer

aw hun, all people judge. Us oldies maybe at times just forget we were judged by our bell bottoms and platform shoes hehehehe

Don't let it bother you. Be yourself and live your life and don't hurt others.

Best Answer

I wonder why youth can make such wide generalizations at times .

Youth have been feeling misunderstood for decades , when you grow up you'll see life for what it really is .

Best Answer

I am grown up ... hence why I am asking this question. Maybe it is the elderly people that should stop generalizing and judging...

Best Answer

Must be lack of air getting to the brain because of always wearing that hoodie?

Best Answer

You don't see that you're bitching about being generalized but are doing the exact same thing .
A mature person would see that as hypocritical

Best Answer

I'm not a hoodie wearer actually.

Best Answer

Oh never mind , you just don't get it .

Best Answer

I do 'get it' - I'm not dumb. I'm not bitching, otherwise I wouldn't be expressing how I felt in the open would I?

Best Answer

I think it's an image thing. I'm young myself and I get a little scared when I see a group of guys wearing hoodies! It's just the kind of image it shows, you know? I know it's not always the case, but it's just the way society works, I guess : /

Best Answer

I have never encountered that.

Best Answer

*has a quiet giggle about whether people think she's looking like a thug right now in her hoodie and also wonders what age bracket she's classed in...*

Best Answer

I don't know.. I've been kicked out of churches or judge by preachers for my appearance.. raver kik jeans, cute top, dyed hair, eyebrow piercing, beanie, moccasins, fingerless gloves, army coat, .. .. I'm 27 and people still give me weird looks and stares (I can't STAND being stared at) it seems like I still get judged for it.. I find the hypocrisy humorous though. :]

Best Answer

Yeah, I really don't like when older people try to make gestures, or facial comments, or out -loud comments, about the "younger" generation in general- I don't see that many, but when they do, and especially about "thugs", its like..what? how do you know anything about them? who they are? how they are? You DON"T!!!!! I wrote a post recently about that..stereotyping people, and how I just pretty much can't stand it!!!! Why do they think they can? Maybe its because they are 'older' and they may think that their opinion is correct, for they are used to things in their younger days being JUST a certain way..but I know not all older people (like 60's / 70's) are like this..many are hip too and open minded! But just ignore it..no one can judge you..they are ignorant if they think they can =)

Best Answer

I know not all older people are like it. It really annoys me!

Best Answer

Because they've lost touch...they are cynical and think there way is the only way to be...old people get nasty and bitter.

Best Answer

I noticed ...

Best Answer

im no thug! *says the angry loner as she dons her hood* im just me. *flips the bird at the older or middle aged couple -- walks on ~ angrily*

Best Answer

SO VERY TRUE.. WELL SAID

Best Answer

Anyone who dresses like Bill Belichick MUST be a thug!

Best Answer

Ok, I’m a little late to this party but here’s my two cents. It’s a fact that hoodies are popular with a LOT of people. It’s also a fact that hoodie hoods have been worn up to conceal criminal’s faces during commission of crimes. And also fact is that wearing hoods up is against policy inside certain stores or businesses and this is an effort to prevent crime. Now, your friends are fine upstanding citizens as far as I know but if they “dress like thugs” or more likely, the “thugs dress like your friends” then you should not go around with a chip on your shoulder on their behalf.

Best Answer

Too much mtv i guess..

Best Answer

mtv?

Best Answer

It's an association game. If thugs usually wear hoodies or bandanas or gold chains, etc., then those items will be associated with thugs. If I drive a mini van, have two kids and drive terribly, people will assume I'm a soccer mom. If I'm walking around with heads in my handbag and forget to change my bloody clothes, people will assume I'm a psychopath.

If you don't want judged, wear something someone won't judge you in. If you don't care, wear the hoodie.

Best Answer

I don't wear hoodies ect. But I'm on about people judging some of my friends that do. My friends are nice people and wouldn't harm a fly ...

Best Answer

These people will be the those who have no dialogue with anyone with young people who wear hoodies.Its divide and rule.Create division amolngst the population,it makes control easier.Those who think all hoodies are thugs will have got this impression from the media,who are owned by the ruling elite.

Best Answer

I think it’s the "etc" that is what causes them to be judged as thugs. There are plenty, sadly the majority, of spoilt young people with zero respect for them self or anyone else, they also come well equipped with a strong sense of entitlement. It is a crisis and one that is saddening to see, its going nowhere but down. The numbers of youth who turn to drugs to feel good about themselves or alternatively fall into a deep pit of depression is astounding. It has NOTHING to do with wearing a hoodie.

Best Answer

I am not on about drugs ect. I am talking about elderly people looking down on and judging every young person that wears a hoodie or tracksuit, or cap. Just their appearance...

Best Answer

If 5 people wearing hoodies are rude to you, you’re going to likely avoid and mistrust people who were hoodies. People are going to judge a book by its cover. My point is that there are PLENTY of reasons to be mistrusting of young people. IN this world the majority are simply not Ok people. Sadly that is the reality. Right or Wrong it means that when you are a member of that group and look like that group you will be judged as if you are that group. It means that if you are different than that, you need to make that known, look different than that group. It is not about the old people judging it is about the majority of the group you belong to being off the tracks. How will you stand out as not simply another off the tracks youth?

Best Answer

Who knows, perception?

Best Answer