First off, THANK YOU. Thank you for being a caring person xD Would you believe me when I say that I've held open doors for people and they actually yelled at me for doing it? People nowadays are too proud and independant! They can't appreciate small gestures of kindness... Pretty soon, the world will have grown to become impersonal and cut off from social interactions like holding open doors or small greetings. How sad : ( But to answer your question, it's probably because they don't expect it from our generation. You have to admit, the teens and young adults have grown to be a rude, rowdy bunch with no self-restraint : / That's sad too. The only thing we can do is keep being kind and give our generation a better reputation ^^

Best Answer

An older woman, about 65, gave me the dirtiest look today because I held the door to the grocery store open and told her to have a nice day. You are absolutely right, we have to continue our ways to give our generation a better name!

Best Answer

Really? That's terrible! Oh well, it's her loss xD I offered my seat up to this older lady with a cane on a bus once and she literally started yelling at me. In the moment, I was shocked, but now I can't help but laugh a bit because it's kind of silly~

Best Answer

Best Answer

Just like you wouldn't want the rude brats to rep your generation we older people are appalled by such ungrateful seniors representing us. However don't change and remember some older people were once rude brats

Best Answer

What a sad thing it is when good manners are so rare that people become shocked and defensive to see you doing something so commendable. Please don't let their rudeness discourage you. ;)

Best Answer

BRAVO! It makes me happy to see someone with good manners.<br />
My 13 year old son got yelled at by an elderly lady when he held the door open for her husband,who was in a wheelchair, my son simply said to her "I was raised with manners,wouldn't it have been more rude for me to let the door slam on you" I was really proud of him being a gentlemen and handling her rudeness.<br />
Don't let others discourage you with THEIR bad manners. I, for one would appreciate your kindness and manners!

Best Answer

Yes.. you shock the pants and panties off them because many people your age and younger ignore and even disrespect them. They blame your parents generation.

Best Answer

When I see people my age disrespect their elders it honestly makes me cringe. The parents are to blame...99.9% of the time.

Best Answer

Probably should put the fun pillows away when you do nice things.

Best Answer

Say it ain't so, Joe! I really have to put them away, ok, fine...

Best Answer