AngelDragon999 AngelDragon999 18-21, F 14 Answers Sep 16, 2009

Before my mom got remarried in 1998 she was never around and I was always with my grandma. I my mom put work before her me but when she got married in 1998 things just got more worse for me. I was in 2 year of high school my mom and got into a really big fight in my tv room the fight was so bad that my mom really tried to kill me, she put her hands round my neck and I started to choke. Then my mom stop after I came to for a bit and she ran to my step dad saying I just tried to kill her and I never done that before. <br />
I started staying home at the age of 13 and mom gave a list of things to do like take the trash out, do the dishes, do floors, mop, clean bathrooms, feed the pets, dust, etc okay. <br />
My mom is never home so I take care of everything around this house :'( I have a boyfriend and even he has said to me how he hates how my treats me and talk to me, and in all honestly it's been this way for along time now. <br />
my mom told me when I was 13 I am not aloud to cook in this house ( meaning our house) I said okay. but here I am today useless at cooking and isn't it a parent's job to show the young child how to cook? My mom and I fight alot we always have and all my friends, family, teacher's even people I grew up with have told me speck up for yourself/ take for yourself and I do, and when i do my mom tells me I'm full of drama, to shut the hell up, get over yourself already, I can take you out with just one hit GGGGRRRR get in my face when she does that too, best part of all when she is done doing all of this she will run to my step dad and say I was doing all this bad stuff and so on.

Best Answer

I didn't treat my children like anything other than children. Their responsibility, their JOB, was to go to school. They didn't have to do any housework and they had the option of cleaning their rooms on their own unless they wanted me to clean it and they usually chose to clean it on their own. Children do need to be taught basic skills in order to run a home and what might seem like being treated like slaves to some kids is really learning unless there is abuse involved.

Best Answer

Because they don't want to/have time to do the work. <br />
My mom and stepfather both worked most of the time growing up, and didn't feel like doing anything when they got home, so we were expected (and screamed at and insulted if we didn't do the work in a quick and cheerful manner) to do the majority of the housework. My sister and I had to do a fairly significant amount of work: babysitting our half-sister (on days where mother and grandmother were not getting along), feeding the small legion of dogs (my stepfather was into rabbit hunting, so we had many beagles), all of the yard work (we had an acre and a third, so this was a fair amount), clean the kitchen/dining room, do the dishes, clean the living room, fold clothes, clean the bathrooms (their bathroom was always a tough and nasty job), and, of course, clean our own rooms (this usually didn't get done). <br />
Doing the work itself wasn't so bad, but we would have appreciated the occasional "thank you". Also, we felt that our stepfather had some nerve to yell at us about how lazy we were while we were working and he was watching TV. My stepfather also had high expectations. For example, I would get yelled at if he had to remind me to take out the trash; I was supposed to automatically remember. Also, we were expected to magically know where their belongings, such as their clothes, were supposed to go and how they were supposed to be put up; he got mad at us if we asked him what we were supposed to do. The worst job would be to clean my mom and stepfather's bedroom, because they never bothered telling us what went where, and we usually wound up doing something wrong and getting in trouble over it.<br />
At the time, my sister and I used to joke about how we were the household slaves, but they had to work, so I suppose somebody had to do it.

Best Answer

we children should not be treated like a slave. yes we may be here for to pick somethings up, but not everything. the reason god put us on earth was to love one another not to be a slave. we children should stand up for our rights.

Best Answer

My step-dad is like that, he thinks he's so grandiose and everyone else is to do his bidding.

Best Answer

Here is why : if you don't train your children to have chores and consequences for their actions- they will turn out to be bums . My two oldest weren't beat or mistreated. But they did have responsibilities. If they didn't do them - they got nothing. Its a domino effect. The two of them lead very successful lives today. Why would one let a child do NOTHING? Good luck to them as they will learn nothing . Thats our future.

Best Answer

some parents go over bored,but most just want their childern to do better than they did,and they want them to have more than what they ever had and to do this ur parents will ride ur ***,until they think u have suceed,in this growing world.

Best Answer

you can't buy them anymore

Best Answer

because it's cheaper than minimum wage. and you can make them do anything. they can't quit. but in the end it builds character and you learn trades.

Best Answer

My babez mother always tells me! — " That's why I had kids. So they could pick up for me and grab the remote and put the groceries away... " lol<br />
but she is a sweetie pie.. she has flaws as EVERYONE does.. and that's mom in laws for you .. but she spoils us.. and I say US.. I'm not even hers! lol

Best Answer

Not sure what you mean by this. Children must definately have some discipline taught since early ages and they definately must work hard sometimes so they don't become lazy manipulative mooches benefiting from the tax monies of the truly working society.

Best Answer

I do not appreciate cleaning the messes all by myself, my children are expected to keep their x box games in order and they are to pick up the dirty laundry that they dump in the living room and yeah I do call them my slaves lol! But I do get mad when they sit around playing video games when I end up cleaning myself! I set the timer and if it's not done in 20 min there will be consequences.

Best Answer