When I go up to a table with a real smile on my face, happy to serve them, why do they give the rudest and nastiest responses ever? I get regulars who do this all the time. There is no possible way they've been having a bad day everyday. And if they were, why take it out on me? I'm only 16, and I have 50 year olds acting more immature then my 10 month old little brother! Why can't people be nice? Don't they know I am the one handling their food. I'm not the kind of person to spit in it or anything, but if I was, so many people would be eating my saliva!
morlaqueen morlaqueen 16-17, F 16 Answers Jun 29, 2011

People can be petty, some just like to abuse anyone they have any kind of power over.<br />
BUT, look at it this way, you only have to deal with these creeps for one meal, they have to live with themselves their entire lives.<br />
Think of your nice customers when you get a nasty one. I love to over-tip because it makes me feel good to know that you folks don't expect it. I also don't often dress too high-class when I go out for a meal, so the tip is usually that much more unexptected.<br />
Forget about the rude creeps, it says far moer about them than it does you.

Best Answer

Chin up sweetie, it has absolutely nothing to do with you. You must be doing a fabulous job and your customers are just insecure p r i c k s. It's not about having a bad day or not (some one having a bad day is no excuse to act like a ******), it's about general decency or courtesy that their parents forgot to teach them and it's something that they didn't pick up along the way. Anyone with 2 cents worth of class would never undermine someone serving them or assisting them, it's just plain wrong.<br />
Where I come from, waitresses are usually hospitable but I have come across a few who think they're doing me a favour by taking my order. Nonetheless I shrug it off because it's unpleasant to be mean.

Best Answer

Tonight I almost cried because a customer was so rude to me. I am such a nice person I was doing everything that I could. I kept on getting triple sat and they think they are the only one in the damn resturant! They ordered wine and the bartender was so busy that it was taking a while a walked back to the table and the guy in his late 60's says to me what are you forgetting and I said your wine will be out soon I keep on checking blah blah blah, he rolled his eyes all most every time I would walk over there and ask a normal question. After everything he didnt want to pay for his meal! There was nothing wrong the bill was 80.00 he tiped me 3.00!!! I am in college paying my bills. That is not ok. :(

Best Answer

I don't really mind if the waitress smiles or not but if she does, I will return the favour. If these customers never smile back they must be ******** or dislike you for some reason.

Best Answer

sometimes they deserve it , yet the wait staff probably still ***** and spit in the food . how many of you know someone that brags about how great they do their job but everyone else knows they suck at it ? just sayin....

Best Answer

Some people are ungrateful and think they're entitled to be waited on.

Best Answer

I agree that members of the public can be read. If you do service work you are considered lesser than others. Working as a cleaner i get looked down at a lot. Try to ignore and remember you just do it for the money.

Best Answer

People are a**holes and the more time goes on, the worse it gets. The best thing to do is to kill them with kindness.

Best Answer

You could walk up to the table and say,treat me nice and maybe I will smile more.Be up front with them some like it when you kid with them.

Best Answer

Because they're ********. Don't take it personally. Some people just don't know what good manners are.

Best Answer

Because they have't worked in the business. They have no clue how much dumb **** you deal with at every table but have to smile and act nice, not stab them.

Best Answer