DementedPixie DementedPixie 22-25, F 12 Answers Nov 22, 2012 in Religion

Insecure people grasp at "belief" hoping for security. It rattles their beliefs when they encounter someone who isn't so dependent.

Best Answer

They suffer from that mass delusion that they are right. You may be glad to know the numbers are dwindling. Churches will resort to cardboard cutouts soon. They are all welcome to try with me. I go for their throats.

Best Answer

LOL carpe jugulum?

Best Answer

If you already made up your mind, then just stand firm with your belief. What other people tries to do is their business.

Best Answer

Because faith in a religion makes a lot people either feel superior (so they shove it in your face) or they genuinely believe so they want to share their beliefs with others (which can come off as aggressive sometimes). I personally don't belong to a religious institution but believe in God. But you are right, you have a right to believe in whatever you'd like to believe so long as you are not inflicting harm on others in the process. There are many Atheists in this world today so feel free to not believe in God if you don't want to - just remember not to shove your beliefs in others' faces either!

Best Answer

I never try to influence anyone about faith or politics their choice is their own.

Best Answer

exactly! i know what i believe and thats enough for me.

Best Answer

That's good always keep an open mind and question everything. It is easy to be led astray. I don't believe in organized religion but have a strong faith in God But that is my choice and I respect your choice as well

Best Answer

the mind is like a parachute-it doesnt work properly unless its open :)

Best Answer

Very true

Best Answer

I wish I could like you two's conversation overall because I agree with all of it! :)

Best Answer

I think there are a lot of people who realize that faith is a personal thing and really do have an open mind but there is always someone that comes along and tries to ram their beliefs at someone which just angers and drives people farther away so sad

Best Answer

Because their beliefs are self-reinforcing; "if you don't believe what you happen to believe, you'll suffer". I'm sure Richard Dawkins would say it's an excellent adaptation in a meme - they can't afford to imagine their belief is wrong, because of the very nature of that belief.

By extension, they also worry about anybody else who openly denies that belief, on the entirely benevolent grounds that they don't want someone to suffer for what appears to them to be sheer ignorance. If you saw a kid who refused to believe that jumping off a cliff was dangerous, their insistence that they have a right to find out for themselves wouldn't convince you.

Best Answer