is simply insane. For instance, when you go and get twelve inches cut off your hair and come in with a very short bob when yesterday your hair was almost to your waist, why is it that someone will (for sure) ask you "Did you get your hair cut?" Or if a man has worn a full beard for years, and he decides to get rid of it, someone will invariably ask him, "Did you shave off your beard?"
Serenitree Serenitree 70+, F 9 Answers Jul 29, 2011

Well I guess it is because we all just want to hear input on stuff from other people. Even if we know the answer. We just wanna hear what other people have to say :) I think theres nothing wrong with that

Best Answer

Its because those people have no common sense! Like today I was in the kitchen opening a yogurt container, and my mother-in-law who is in the kitchen with me and can see me clear as water asks me what I am doing. :/ I just felt like saying, "Walking my dog!" But I respect people who are older. Lol I understand a little kid asking obvious questions but grown adult? Lack of common sense.

Best Answer

maybe they just have an open mind & are looking for other opinions ?

Best Answer

Right...Whty??

Best Answer

This IS a trick question isn't it? You are asking a question you already know the answer to. The answer is so obvious.

Best Answer

They ask cuz they're bored and they want to interact with others. They also aren't usually looking for a serious answer. They are trying to bring out the humor in people.

Best Answer

Oh, I thought they were just ...................... socially inept. If I see someone with something new in the way of style, I don't ask IF they are doing something different. I tell them I like the new look. Be it clothing or shoes or hair style.

Best Answer

Well, yeah, actually. I know MY answer. I know that I think it is because they don't know how to say, Wow, you got your hair cut and it looks awful. I just asked the question because I wondered if anyone else noticed this.

Best Answer

maybe they know something is different and just cant think of what it is.

Best Answer

That is exactly the example of the kinds of questions that I am referring to...and then they look at you as if you owe them a response.

Best Answer