ps... i'm a transwoman fire fighter... so i'm not assuming i just wanna see everyones answers
lover21JJ lover21JJ 22-25, F 24 Answers Jun 23, 2012

They are. So why do you assume people assume that?

Best Answer

i don't assume anything, i just post the question to see what happens... i'm a transwoman and i'm on the fire department... yeah i was born with a male body and am transitioning to female. but i have a female frame opposed to a male frame like most of the guys on the department, and yet i'm not the strongest on the department, i'm not the biggest, i'm probably on of the weakest, of the smallest and yet i have alot more endurance than some of the bigger stronger guys... we have two other females on my department one is a middle age average looking lady she mostly handles rehab for the fire calls, and the other one is bult like a guy, very big all around... so yeah i'm not assuming i know women can, i want to see what people say...

Best Answer

If they do theyre fcking idiots

Best Answer

id guess its because some people believe them to be too weak or emotional although for some that may be true it is not for all

Best Answer

Didn't realize they did. I don't.

Best Answer

It's the whole 'men rule everything and are better' thing. Why we can't all be equal, i don't know...

Best Answer

As for firefighters, it's hard physical work. Men have an easier time aquiring muscle than women.

Best Answer

I think people who assume such things are in the minority. That's pretty damned old fashion.

Best Answer

I think the barrier keeping women from being cops or firefighters was broken long ago. In San Francisco a small Vietnamese women was appointed as Chief of Police a few years ago. I don't know about firefighters but if people think a woman can' be a cop than they need a reality check. It's not something to argue about , female cops are all over and are here to stay.

Best Answer

They have to stop and pee to do their job.

Best Answer

I work with plenty of female police officers and EMT's. While I haven't seen a female firefighter yet, I know they're out there and the profession has slowly been warming up to the idea.

Best Answer

No idea. Are you assuming that all people assume that? Or just a few people?

Best Answer

take the word "assume" - break it into syllables. **** u *me - <br />
Sorry, but if a person can meet the physical and mental qualifications.of the job, then that's it, as far I'm concerned. I've seen more than a few weak and wimpy males and some darn strong - and strong willed, females.<br />
Never seen where the "ability to urinate standing up" was a job requirement for police or firefighters...so what else is the problem, once we get past the physical and mental requirements?

Best Answer

I've seen plenty while working in the Emergency Room.

Best Answer

Well, to be a firefighter at least, you have to be very physically strong, because you have to carry like 100lbs of equipment an sometimes other human beings in extreme heat. Women are not naturally born with as much muscle mass as men but there are exceptions, usually with a lot of hard work. A woman usually has to work extra hard to be as strong as a man just naturally is.

Best Answer

Maybe you should ask why SOME people MIGHT assume, I certainly don't, neither does anyone that I know.

Best Answer

Its not that we think they cant its that we hope they wont,ever met a female cop? Like a male cop except with an extra splash of b****,this is the part where i say im just playing...But im not.

Best Answer

In NY we don't

Best Answer

Not in my world. I belive in total equity and woman can do what ever they want. And we make good police officers and fire fighters.

Best Answer