I keep to myself. It's not like I'm always out with women, or they've seen me holding hands with a woman or being romantic with her. I'm always by myself. I'm not a tomboy and I never was. Why do people always assume that if you don't want this, then it must be that. Or if you don't have a preference for that, then you must prefer this. Why don't people understand that there are some people out there who are content with being by themselves? And don't want the drama one way or the other?
StrawberryLetter23 StrawberryLetter23 22-25, F 12 Answers Nov 17, 2012 in Singledom

People will usually assume that their wants and desires...even weaknesses....are also everyone else's. They can't see not being attracted to someone, so they assume that you feel the same way. <br />
It is annoying, but it's typical of most people. <br />
I run into the same problem with some people who just cannot imagine that I haven't been in a physical relationship in a long time. They just can't imagine that! But they disregard the power to CHOOSE. <br />
You do what you feel is right for you.

Best Answer

Because movies are all about two people eventually getting together at the end, or divorcing after being miserable so you can find someone else. Because this is what everyone sees in entertainment, it seems normal. Not wanting it is seen as abnormal, even if it is actually normal.

Best Answer

I understand exactly what ya mean.

Best Answer

They figure you MUST want someone. THEY are wrong.

Best Answer

Limited thinking?

Best Answer

it's a stupid misconception on their part. i once had a man accuse me of being a lesbian simply because i didn't want to dance with him lol. i guess that was easier for him to believe rather than to face the fact that i didn't want to dance with him. i've noticed men are good at doing that, you must be gay if you don't want to be bothered with them. being gay has nothing to do with it.

Best Answer

It's because you're young. At your age, you're supposed to want everything, or at least something. Try being my age when I tell the guys I'm finished with women. They automatically assume that I'm switching teams. That's not gonna happen, but after two failed marriages, that's not gonna happen again either.

Best Answer