Man looked around him at the awesome beauty and wondrous power of nature. He saw the crystalline dance of the stars that made a perfect sense. He saw the cycle of life. He saw the miracle of birth, and there was no explanation for it other than the embodiment of it, which is God.<br />
To answer your question: does there "have" to be a God...I think Man sensed or felt a singing in his soul...he was uplifted...he wanted to cry and sing and dance with the beauty and love of the spirit that he knew was there...Man KNEW in his soul that there was a God. If you can't feel Him, personally, it's okay. Just be in the world. Your beauty adds to it.

Best Answer

I'm with you on the awesome power and beauty of nature and the wonders of the universe...it's just the "god" explanation that confounds me. Does there have to be a supernatural being calling the shots?

Best Answer

No proof!!! You mean you don't believe in that Jesus's face in the burnt toast story?

Best Answer

Because people are able to believe anything they WANT to believe.<br />
They interpret personal experiences as an act of god. Therefore of course only believers can experience god... it's like in the tale "The Emperor's New Clothes"

Best Answer

sorry but that's just not true...the evidence is all around you,I may not believe in God but I do know that there is something,some great force...I feel it in nature<br />
it's called faith you cant feel it touch it or even see that it's there, faith is knowing that it is

Best Answer

I'm confused by these "you just know" explanations....

Best Answer

Funny, I believe in you and who you say you are, although I don't have any credible evidence you ACTUALLY exist....you are just a shapeless blob of blue as an avatar, yet , i believe you exist...Do you honestly feel all of your questions will be answered in your lifetime? If you question EVERYTHING will you have time to receive the ANSWERS?

Best Answer

It is logical to believe that I exist, however it is a much larger leap to believe in the supernatural. I seek cause and effect explanations. Why is that so wrong?

Best Answer

People need to feel that there is something else out there. They naturally search for explanations to the things that they can not explain. God fits that need. <br />
I believe in God, but don't subscribe to any particular religion. I know in my heart that there is something bigger than me in this existence, but I can't name it.

Best Answer

They loose nothing by beliving in God.....And sometimes they gain from this belief.

Best Answer

Faith

Best Answer

I believe in the existance of God, there is evidence, plenty of it! I will not deny the evidence..my very life has been spared miraculously more than once. I don't care if no one believes me. I don't care if people make fun of me for believing in God's existance..I don't care if people hate me because I believe, I don't care if they think I'm mentally ill for believing. Just because miracles aren't as prevalent as they should be, it doesn't meant that God does not exist. I've been through enough to know without a doubt that God is real.

Best Answer

We dont know is the think well we do but it's complicated it's just like.....have you ever been in a church and you feel this..this presents a feeling of im safe hear and the people around you are like sereen. that's how i know. It's a child like faith. and just so you know there is concrete evidence of the tellings of the bible. several archeological digs have unraveled things like noahs ark, and the tomb of jesus and so on and so forth it's like really intersesting there were scolls and evidance dug up in the red sea about like moses like i said it's awesome. oh and for more on the child like faith just ask i know it can be confusing ive been there

Best Answer

Why would you not believe in God? The theory of evolution has been discredited many times even by other scientists. I can only tell you of my own personal experience. I was saved and baptist at the age of 9. That evening, after my baptism, my family and I were heading to the car. I felt an overwhelming presence and warmth around me that I have never felt since. I'm not a person that believes in the paranormal or anything like that. All I can tell you is that there was no denying what that feeling was; I knew God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit (the Holy Trinity) was pleased with me. I didn't even tell my mom about that feeling of warmth and a presence until very much later. No one will ever convince me that there is no God. Now, that was my "credible" evidence, not that I needed any but if you do, do your research - find a born again Christian and quiz them if you need to. I can only hope that you experience the same thing that I did one day. I will pray for you just as I always do for the unsaved but God is a gentleman; he doesn't force you to believe in him; he gives you free will.

Best Answer

Concrete evidence is factual proof that can be tested through scientific method. As opposed to feeling that something exists or believing in the abstract without fully examining the basis behind what you believe or "feel".

Best Answer

You religious people always always seem to focus on one aspect of any given subject rather than all the other things that need to be taken into consideration..a religious guys above states that "it isn't just about biology" but we never said it was!! you did! that's your conclusion and not a very good one either..evolution took millions of years thats a very very long time you need to think about just how long a MILLION years is and then times that by at least another six okay..cells didn't just divide over night..your ignorance astounds me greatly..and whilst on the topic of things being born and looking beautiful,the reason babys are born smiling is so that the mother will love it and look after it..its a natural mechanism for a baby that feels helpless to smile in order for protection..Go and study evolution and find out why love which is just a hormone being released by the brain exists go on off you go. go and study evolution or are you scared of what you might find i.e the TRUTH

Best Answer

Saralubear<br />
Please look around you, the world is full of evidence that God exists. Have you never seen a newborn? The birth of any creature is a miracle, do not believe for one instance that the complex organisms that inhabit this world are purely the result of biology. The human eye is one of the most complex things in the world. I do not believe that one could be produced by the mere mixing of cells in a womb. Who if not God is the grand engineer of such things. <br />
Go outside and look all around, plants, insects, animals so may different creations, can you believe in your heart they are all the result of a cosmic explosion?<br />
I do not believe in "religion" but I believe in God. I have felt his presence. I start everyday out talking to God and I feel his answers and see his answers. I have had many spirit animals in my life and been blessed with a visit from more than 1 Angel. <br />
I believe in God because well because he is God. Stand still, be quiet, be open and aware you will know of his existence.

Best Answer

It has to do with mans brain. "Men are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights" Man does not want to admit that they are in debt to another man. God is also the regulator great for children. Now johnny if you lie you'll go to hell, so how many cookies did you eat? Or you could think of him as the cricket in pinokeio.<br />
Man believes in god because god is a necessity to society

Best Answer

There actually has been

Best Answer

The reason I believe in God is because I know he exist. I feel his spirit when I am close to his. I have seen miracles, had miracles, and most importantly the miracle that makes me different from many who question FAITH. Faith is a very powerful word that separates even church going individuals. There are thousands of people who preach, teach, and belong to religion to seek God. And if you ask them they can never tell you if they do or not. They walk like zombie's and do as they are told from their leader. Even the words of God states to question his existence. I have no problem with that because I am truly a believer of his existence. I am proud to say it!. It doesn't matter to me that science has no evidence or proof, or that a church goer goes to church without faith, or that anyone believe me that I have faith. I do not exist to prove to anyone why I believe or not. What matters is that I believe. Keep up the good work. I love what everyone is saying it gives me great pleasure to hear the word God in more than one conversation. I applaude you all in the name of God!

Best Answer

Isnt all around you evidence!!

Best Answer

well , this is a seemingly complicated question , to witch has a very simple answer ....<br />
I ask you this ...... if god doesn't exist (and by god i mean a higher being that is all powerful and transcends our physical existence) , then how did the whole universe come to existence ??<br />
this question pretty much sums it all up......<br />
most of the things in our life are known only by their effect or "signature" , you don't have to see a thing to know for sure that it exists, we knew about the particles within the atoms by observing their effects on electromagnetic fields, we can locate a black hole only by the movement of the stars around it, we know about gravity by observing it's effect on our bodies, we can't ever "see" these things but we know for sure they are there ....<br />
even if you see a tire trail in the mud, you know car has past here, if you see a foot print, you know someone walked here, so doesn't the gigantic mountains , the enormous skies, the glowing stars, the wondrous seas, the magnificent animals, the human body with all the scientific miracles within it that we struggle to understand only a tiny part of it, doesn't all that point out the presence of a higher being that created them all ??!<br />
what more credible evidence do you require ??

Best Answer

Most proof is personal and not done in a lab by a chap in a white coat with a bunsen burner and safety spectacles. The kicker is, the majority of the time, believers only, get proof. Why should God prove himself to each and every individual that doesn't believe in him? If he visualised in front of the whole planet and performed various miracles, where would be the sincerity in the faith in his existence if proof was needed?<br />
Do you think science has proved a great deal? Most of our most impressive science is theory which has not been proven beyond doubt and we often find we have to change previous ideas as we (try) to progress. I'm a scientist. It takes one to know science doesn't have the answers. You know what you learn in science? They start off with "facts". The more advanced your study becomes, the more your work becomes about what you don't know rather than what you do. Arguments for one idea, and just as many for other ideas. No one is forcing God down your throat. If you're ready for it and open to it you will receive it.<br />
That makes no sense at all. God is entirely personal. Life after death is entirely personal, out of body experiences are entirely profoundly personal.That's the difference between spiritual and material worlds. There are things we can't measure. If someone had an experince of God how's that going to be tested in a lab? Get real.<br />
Sure there've been some expts into NDE's but besides theories on what might be happening there's no expts related to God experiences.For one thing they're just too rare and unpredictable.<br />
You knw what scientists trying to explain NDEs away with the idea of miss firing neurones sounds like? poltergeist where the psychoogist claimed the entire group of people were under mass hypnosis to account for their seeing he same apparitions. I had my proof, but let's look at what's readily available, ghosts. There's enough evidence for ghosts to prove an afterlife, most folks do believe in either ghosts, an afterlife or ufo's, if you think any of these are possible God isn't so unbelievable. You just need to experience God, when you do you won't be making these statements and you'll sound like some wacko weirdo believer like me claiming science doesnt have all the answers and that you have all the proof you need. I always believed in God, but I never had proof until one day. Don't get me wrong, I don't think many people are lucky enough to have direct experience of the metaphysical, but if you do you'll be pleased you did. The most likely way you're going to have an experience is if you get baptised as an adult. If you go through the ceremony and repeat the words the priest says and sincerely mean the words at the time to the point you are emotionally moved by the ceremony, you might have an experience.

Best Answer

As long as there's an agenda, believers and scientists alike have no problem squaring the circle. We are in trouble when people take their beliefs personally and stop asking questions or prevent others from questioning. Cont'd: Actually studies have been performed on near death/out of body experiences where parts of the brain are stimulated, triggering responses that had previously been attributed to paranormal activity. Other studies point to evolutionary/genetic reasons for humans to look to godly explanations to what is happening around them. Some of us have a genetic marker that makes us susceptible to "god's presence" while others do not. Food for thought.

Best Answer

What food for thought saluebear? Studies looked at the brain and did x y and z. And?? Did they prove or disprove anything? No, it's just more theories, no facts, no certainties. Science isn't about Truth it's about understanding, it's not about why we're here it's about how we're here.Science and God aren't opposites, bcz they don't answer the same questions and the are relevant to different planes of existence. What has science found recently? That 90+ % of DNA that they thought was junk was the most important part and it was much more complex than ever imagined.Space, it turns out is 99% dark matter, "dark" as in we can't see it, but it is dominating everything we can see. All the people I meet that are anti-God aren't really atheists. They are anti-religion, don't make the assumption that ppl that believe in God all go to church, I think it's all rubbish. God is everywhere for everyone. I know enough about catholic priests and the vatican, I don't need to be told what to believe, I can read the bible myself. A lot of other ppl had faith but something happened which made them question, usually, a tragedy, if God exists why let x y z happen, so it's not a genuine disbelief it's like a believer in denial or a reluctance/resistance to accept belief. It's not the same thing as saying you don't believe in something, it's like saying your father is dead to you bcz you never knew him, but of course he does actaully exist, you just choose not to acknowledge it-- he may as well be dead bcz you cannot overlook/forgive/forget what happened-- he still exists, just not in your life. A lot of ppl change opinion on belief bcz of bad experiences with church- most churches are corrupted, for example, the notion of hell is false. The seven deadly sins are false. There is a war going on we can't see, not politics, not economics, not the middle east, a spiritual war. It's not just what we do but what we think, and our intentions. Just like propaganda uses misinformation to confuse, so to do we have "wolves in sheeps clothing" they are false churches, coming to you looking like sheep, but they are not, they abuse and twist the bible and put ppl off the idea of God. I've almost never been to church, I haven't even been baptised and my parents aren't married. I've always believed in God, I haven't been much of a practicioner, but I've had that belief. All the atheists I meet went to church school of some sort or had difficult lives. No one can convince you God exists, you have to find him yourself to be convinced, but to find him you have to be sincere, open and genuine when you look. That's how it was for me. I still don't read the bible as I should, I can never finish any book, but I have that proof. I didn't need it but it was a surprise nothing can top really.

Best Answer

Would it surprise you to know Darwin was a great believer in God? Did you know Richard Dawkins was a Christian before he turned anti-God crusader and book writer? There are plenty of scientists who believe in God, in fact atheists are a minority. It's not fashionable to talk about God without proof in this uber materialistic aspiritual world, but just bcz we don't talk about it like jehovas witnesses or tv evangelists, it doesn't mean we all think it's make believe.

Best Answer

Science says science doesn't work without at least 15dimensions. I really doubt we'll figure out how the mutliverse exists and came together before we kill ourselves and that is the ultimate stupidity. If we're so clever, why can't we stop going extinct as civilisations? Surely with no predator it's the easiest thing in the world to simply not kill your wole race or live a happy and fulfilled life. We can't do it. The birds do it, the bees do it, even educated flees do it. Consider how much humans fail and suck at existence, I really think we have a cheek to shout bah humbug at the idea of God, simply bcz WE cannot understand or explain him.

Best Answer

I'm sure there's a genetic marker to indicate a lack of faith too. It talks about genetic disobedience in the bible. It also talks about animal sex and gay sex becoming more open, and kids disrespecting their parents and the dissolution of marriage. There's a genetic marker for smokers to get cancer, it doesn't mean we were born to smoke or born to get cancer. There's an infinitely complex number of markers, each acts with other and with environment, which is most important. The real age websites all show increased life expectancy for believers and those in marriages, and for those who give to others rather than provide for themselves. Sounds like spirituality, or at least a life opposed to materialism is the key. Bhuddists that have a body of thought spanning centuries, and the greatest philosophers in history all point to looking inside oneself rather than the outside for understanding and Truth. What is the most amazing thing one person can achieve? To contribute to actually positively change the World. Is that even possible? If so how? You know what all the books say on mastery of others and whole societies? You can't change the world by will, you change it by changing yourself. Why? The world exists according to your perception of it, of its reaction to you, to the way you act yourself. Change yourself the world as you know it changes. Altering your own behaviour is I think a more spiritualist approach, I think a scientist would throw different things at the world hoping for a desired outcome in the end, but the world is incredibly complex and it's not like a book. You look at it and it's changing, reacting to what you do to it and resisting/compensating or even opposing your efforts to change or bend it to your will. I think -if we live that long- one day we will come to the conclusion that we are so complicated, that even in a few 100,000 years we could not possibly exist by chance.

Best Answer

I have no idea!<br />
-----------<br />
btw I dont see whats wrong with questioning peoples beliefs. Weather you like it or not religion is as much politics as it is faith. Most wars are committed in the name of god- so why shouldnt we question it? Religion rules much of society- its not just peoples personal opinions. So it is not just right of us to question it- it is important that we do so.<br />
---------<br />
oh and by the way I wish i could push the like button on all of your question answers. Im so fed up with being told I cant question things because thats the way it is. Its important to people so dont ask- just accept.<br />
To me the most wonderful part of being human is our abillity to ask why.

Best Answer