Azure33 Azure33 31-35, F 19 Answers Jan 29, 2013 in EP

It's called Faith. Meaning you give up on reason and logic any any pesky requirements for evidence and just accept ancient myths as truths. You then get accepted into the brotherhood/sisterhood that is religion. It's like this big club where you get to meet like minded people with similar beliefs. The only condition is that you have to leave your brain at the door before entering.

Best Answer

Soo Richard Dawkins...I like lol

Best Answer

Religion is just for people who don't understand science....

Best Answer

Yes. Ignorant uneducated deluded masses

Best Answer

People are brainwashed, as children, at the age when they are most impressionable. It is difficult to abandon later in life something that you were taught is true when you were a child. That is why children almost always have the same religion as their parents or whatever prevails in their immediate culture. It is the blind leading the blind, with nobody stopping to think whether any of it is true.

Best Answer

Those types of people are sheeps.....can't think for themselves....they are just followers

Best Answer

This is true not just for religion, but for everything, that we never question the past, and assume it as usual, since we grow from it as a child. The childhood phase is used to infuse all beliefs and myths conveniently, so it won't change later, since it settles as concrete foundation at the bottom. <br />
Offer them a new religion to deport, which is when all questions will come up.. and make them answer their own questions to be applied to the existing religion.

Best Answer

because religion is their crutch...it keeps them going and to question it questions there whole being

Best Answer

don't be so sure about that, just because somebody have faith it doesn't mean he doesn't question about it

Best Answer

Speaks for itself

Best Answer

That doesn't make any sense

Best Answer

You need to have a brain to grasp the subtlety your own stupidity

Best Answer

I'm just saying, just because the official position it's "God doesn't exist because it doesnt appear in our measuring devices" doesn't make it less real or "logic",
if that's the case then art shouldn't exist neither. I don't believe because somebody told me to, i believe because i've proved it and it's works.

Best Answer

This entire post is bile. Have some tolerance. Do you know every detail about every religion in the world? No? Then don't be such a freakin nazi and generalize about everyone who believes in something other than what you do. You don't know the meaning of the word educate, this question is the proof of that.

Best Answer

No this is an attempt to educate and deprogram brainwashed imbeciles - sorry but wake up

Best Answer

Do you suggest the bible? Lol

Best Answer

Theists are so irrational aren't they? Shine the light of reason in their direction and they scamper away like vampires exposed to the sun.

Best Answer

@ GetBornAgain, KNUDGE IT!

Best Answer

And don't you dare to assume that you know what my beliefs are. I am not a member of any religion. I am simply someone who wants equality. And people like you ruin it with your "superior" self-inflated and altogether moronic Bs.
So drop the "educate yourself" crap and go get an education and a dictionary definition of tolerance.

Best Answer

Knowledge is power, ignorance breeds ignorance

Best Answer

You are correct. But how do you know that your knowledge of the world is? I've seen enough to simply have my own thoughts and keep them deep inside. I can't agree with anyone (theist or atheist) who thinks that they know everything. We're all only humans.

Best Answer

That's the point. I'm not ignorant or arrogant enough to believe anything. I gain knowledge and therefore get a greater understanding of existence. I will not blindly believe a fantasy story cos other people do AND with NO proof. I like to be based in reality

Best Answer

But have you ever looked for proof? Maybe all is not how it seems. I've never found any proof either, but I try to be humble and accept that maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Either way, God or none, i'll never know for sure until I'm dead.

Best Answer

Two degrees and getting masters, I enjoy reading all science, philosophy and history in my spare time (my hobby) not to mention a broad and colourful life experience....I never stop asking questions and learning, others wise I would be a moron repeating what other morons have told me and trying to convince people it's true

Best Answer

well I can respect you for that. not that my respect means anything, but it's nice to see that learning isn't quite dead in the world. I apologise for the forceful manner in which originally replied. I'm just used to having arguments with fools, not people who actually learn.

Best Answer

Because they are afraid of death.

Best Answer

Yes, children believing fairy tales cos they are afraid of the dark.

Best Answer

Well actually, my faith encourages me to think and ponder, and ask questions with an open mind. Just because we have doubts doesn't mean that the answer is not out there or that faith is wrong.<br />
But I think atheists should also question their beliefs: If there is no Creator then what caused the Big Bang? Can you prove that there is no God? Will Hitler never have to answer for his crimes? What do you do if you're whole life seems to be falling apart?

Best Answer

What's archaic about lying, cheating, stealing, murdering or coveting? All acts committed against someone to their detriment are still condemned today as they were by people who held 'religious' beliefs. Or do you think it was good and right that all those children died in Newtown? Smh. <br />
Can science explain that one? Oh wait. The gun did it so let's ban guns! *rolls eyes

Best Answer

SPIRIT IS ALL WE NEED""":)*****

Best Answer

I dont believe in religion, but the facts which back up the bible! In fact if you read the bible just as a book you will find that the religious people are the ones who killed chrst!

Best Answer

No ****. You obviously have a limited grasp of things. Seriously read a high school science book, maths, history...get a clue

Best Answer

Dude I bet I have done more studying they you will ever do in your life time! I have study the facts and How complex the human eye is for say more complex than a supre computer and the cahnces of that just happening, is about as close as you opening your mind to the truth!

Best Answer

Yet you have no truth no proof. I bet you deny evolution? DNA's just a myth lol dude your brainwashed deal with it

Best Answer

Do you hear yourself? one DNA is a fact! Two evolution is a thoery not a fact! the Big Bang is a theory! make sure you know what your talking about before you speak!

Best Answer

Tradition.<br />
Culture.<br />
Either way, people are entitled to believe in what they wish.<br />
All I ask for, is for others to respect my own personal beliefs and not belittle them (nor ignorantly dismiss my own views as being irrational, illogical or impossible).<br />
Not everyone is spiritually strong enough to allow proof and experience to supersede culture and tradition. To Each their Own.<br />
Who is anyone to dictate what others should believe.<br />
We are all human. We are all equals.

Best Answer

Yes people are free to believe what they wish but it is in the best interest of man kind to we united in education, knowledge and REALITY ......reality exists regardless of your insignificant and uneducated beliefs. Worshipping one of many ancient deities? How about you stop waiting time and start worshipping the opportunity life has given you to understand it? But I guess it must be to hard a reality for some to face...not one looking out for them cos they are so very special. In this vast universe, of all things you think a high being would give a toss about a spec such as your self? Now that's arrogance (narcissism perhaps?)

Best Answer

Oh, I agree with you wholeheartedly. But, I feel that its not my place to point my finger and ridicule. You see, I don't want others nitpicking and ridiculing my scientific and logic drive sense of being, therefore I reciprocate my approach...and freely accept others regardless of their beliefs. Savvy?

Best Answer

No not savvy. When I make statements it's because I have studied the facts and understand the fundamentals. I guess for stupid people who cannot grasp the basics of science, it must be easier to go with god (you don't have to think that way)

Best Answer

Maybe you misunderstood me. What I am saying, I will accept you whether you believe in a god or not. What I ask in return that you respect my stance...irrelevant if you agree with me or not. As I have with you. For the record, I have no idea what your beliefs are and I doubt you understand mine. Are we savvy now?

Best Answer

To me, God exist. To you God is a myth. I have my beliefs, morals and values, you have your own. I'm not forcing them onto you, so please kindly, respect mine as I respect yours, and move on with your life.

Best Answer

No, you have your delusions which have no grounds or basis in reality. You were told by people a bed time story and are consequently brainwashed into believing it. Do you believe everything your told?

Best Answer

But sorry, you are free to waste your life with your beliefs

Best Answer

Why should we respect your beliefs? I don't respect people who believe in things for which there is not a shred of credible evidence. That is stupidity. I don't respect stupid people.

Best Answer

You actually need another hobby. Is berating religion and people who possess personal faith amusing to you? Seek help.

Best Answer

I can't respect stupidity sorry

Best Answer

Actually berating idiots who believe in ancient myths of gods is really amusing for me. I'm not the one who believes in fairytales. You're the one who should seek help!

Best Answer

@ Hirafu, then you should also seek help. I did nothing to you, I never attempted to force my beliefs on you, if you have a problem with me loving and praising THE LORD, then take it up with somebody who cares.

Best Answer

Hirafu you're seriously the biggest joke. Do you set out to patrol EP, finding religious people to abuse? Its actually so ridiculous....

Best Answer

Yes I do. Religious people provide no end of entertainment for people with any shred of intelligence. It's just so entertaining poking fun at your ridiculous beliefs.

Best Answer

Yet you believe in god lol.....proof please?

Best Answer

You have none. And this comes from an agnostic sir. So please give up with the high and mighty crap.

Best Answer

It's idiots like that who start wars and are I tolerate of other cultures...ignorance and blind belief are dangerous AND stupid beyond words

Best Answer

Intolerant obviously

Best Answer

Lol what a waste of a life. Why don't you love and praise all of your fellow man and stop worshipping an invisible magical man in the sky

Best Answer

@ Azure. Yes I believe in God, I believe in our Father, I thought we've already established that. If you need time to process this, just sit back relax, it can be very difficult. Do you need someone to rub your feet? Do you like it when people tickle your pickle?
@ Hirafu. Get a life.

Best Answer

I have none? Science - evolution, physiology, biology, chemistry, genetics, immunology, embryology, anatomy, astrology, physics - the laws which govern our universe and have been proven as fact through science over and over again! **** your dumb as dog ****

Best Answer

Okay now its obvious you need help, I mean who declines a foot massage? Serezly bby!! We used to be bloodz sisters?!

Best Answer

Enjoy your god delusions

Best Answer