People want the best that they can get. Life is just one big competition. Who has the best car? Who can have the best house? When they get the house, who can have the best garden, who has the best interior finish? The list goes on...... Who has the best handbag? "Oh I've just bought this Fendi handbag...." Who has the best shoes? "I've just bought my wife some Christian Louboutin shoes...." It's a pride thing as well as a boasting thing which can lead to people getting into serious debt :(

Best Answer

But, what happens to the Pride, when the Bank comes to collect their debt, and they take everything you had, what then?

Best Answer

As they say "Pride comes before a fall" Mister :(

Best Answer

Let it be a lesson, that when Banks begin raising Interest rates, it will soon be time for another Bubble to burst in a few years. That's how the Banks "Harvest" the Workers, But, they Double Dip, as the Tax payer also bails them out, besides taking your money and house, or Car, or Boat, They get to sell all that stuff, twice, which actually means, they get tripple the pay for your failure to pay. They get their money, one way or the other. Think about that. FDIC, is the Scam on the People. Our Government passed that Law, for the Bankers, but the Tax Payer looses, This is why we should not be paying Taxes, because Tax is only a means for someone to take it from you.

Best Answer

You are right, it is a game that we clearly cannot win. Only the greedy bankers profit from this but now they are paying for their mismanagement too. The only way to beat them at their own game is not to borrow but to go back to basics and save for everything. Not the easiest thing to do especially if you want to buy property.

Best Answer

People who were responsible with their money had to pay taxes to bail out banks that made bad loans to people who were broke. That sucks. I don't even have a house and I'm paying taxes to make life better for other people.

Best Answer

Lack of willpower and self esteem. May also have addictive type personalities. Weakness. It irritates me to no end.

Best Answer

Because they have not learned the value of the dollar

Best Answer

I believe that misgiving, comes from the Democratic Government.

Best Answer

Some like spending the money regardless if they need it or not.

Best Answer

To impress people that don't matter.

Best Answer

If I wait till I can afford it I will never have it...lol

Best Answer

If you will never have it, otherwise, then why torture yourself?

Best Answer

People buy things they cannot afford to compete with the ones who can afford it. Jealousy and low self esteem are also other reasons. Pleasing their spouse is the most common, in my opinion.

Best Answer

I don't. The only things I've ever bought "on time" were a car and my home, both pretty much necessities. Other than that, it's been pretty much if I can't pay for it when the bill comes, I don't buy it.

Best Answer

Those are words of a wise person. I have always paid cash for everything, after I saved the money. I am guilty of buying a Motor Home, when I retired, but, that will be paid off, very soon.

Best Answer

I don't always pay cash--but when the credit card bill comes I pay it off that month.

Best Answer

The banks probably hate you because they can't get any interest on their loan.

Best Answer

Because they think they really need it, and that it'll make them happy.. but they probably don't need it and the happiness will wear off soon enough.

Best Answer

Most of them never had to live dirt poverty and they think the money well will never run dry

Best Answer

Most of them got the surprise of their lives, when Obama came to town, right? That's why we must all beware of the Obama types.

Best Answer

That is the Democratic process at full throttle. Spend it all, borrow all you can get, spend it.

Best Answer

Many reasons. <br />
a) they don't care, and are 'in the moment' so they buy it.<br />
b) stupidty. They aren't thinking of that bill that will come. They're just thinking of the fun they'll have.<br />
c) lack of self confidence. They want fancy things to impress people.<br />
d) compulsion. The whole shopaholic mentality that buying things comforts them because they get a high off of materialistic things.

Best Answer