poetvann poetvann 18-21, F 19 Answers Dec 27, 2012 in Hobbies

Because thats what they call then in England.

Best Answer

English language, English word and for the life of me I do not know why Americans needed a new word.

Best Answer

Why do American people call knickers panties? How come they can't spell words like 'colour' and 'centre'?

Best Answer

British thing...<br />
"In the United Kingdom, Ireland and some Commonwealth nations, the term knickers for women's undergarments owes its origin to Dickens' illustrator, George Cruikshank, who did the illustrations for Washington Irving's droll History of New York when it was published in London. He showed the old-time Knickerbockers in their loose Dutch breeches, and by 1859, short loose ladies undergarments, a kind of abbreviated version of pantalettes or pantaloons, were knickers in England."<br />
---from Wikipedia

Best Answer

knickers are the older word. you've got it backwards.<br />
why do people call thongs "flip flops"? why do people call rubbers "shoe covers"? why do people call knickers "panties"?<br />
there, all fixed.

Best Answer

It sounds like knickers, nick alone the body being the closest thing to one self.Proved they are made thin as to not cling in cracks.Do you you think?

Best Answer

I call panties the last line of defense for the kitty...once removed, it's get to gobble time...or at least that's what my sister says...lol...not sure what she's talking about...teehee

Best Answer

In the UK and most of Europe they are called knickers.<br />
Panties they would wonder what you were talking about, so a man said to a Girl panties off he would be out of luck.LOL

Best Answer

what is panties/ What is knickers?

Best Answer

Panties Knicketrs Undies Lingerie guys do not care what they are called all we want is to see our ladies in them and the more lace they have the better

Best Answer

Isn't that a bit like saying why do people call knickers panties? It's just another name some people use - in the UK for example. I couldn't say what the logic for the name is though! I've also heard underpants referred to as 'shreddies' in the UK. Your guess is as good as mine there!

Best Answer

whenever i see read the word knickers, i thought it was a bra instead of panties.

Best Answer

English **** lol

Best Answer

I think it's a British term. Probably British raised or at least raised with British influence?

Best Answer

They're undies down here.

Best Answer